BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Go Buckeyes!
337 Posts
I left a reply also on the General BMW forum, but someone here will tell me if I am wrong. I thought all Z4 are made in South Carolina so you can get them through European Delivery. Sorry.
There was rumour that they might start making the 3 series in the States, which would mean no more ED for the 3 series:(.

·
Go Buckeyes!
337 Posts
I left a reply also on the General BMW forum, but someone here will tell me if I am wrong. I thought all Z4 are made in South Carolina so you can get them through European Delivery. Sorry.
There was rumour that they might start making the 3 series in the States, which would mean no more ED for the 3 series:(.
I am incorrect about this. Good luck on your question.

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
Unless all 3-series were made in the US, ED might still be possible. For example, 3-series cars have been made in South Africa and sold in the US, but one could also get them through ED.

·
Go Buckeyes!
337 Posts
Unless all 3-series were made in the US, ED might still be possible. For example, 3-series cars have been made in South Africa and sold in the US, but one could also get them through ED.
I never thought of it that way and I couldn't image that they would stop making the 3 series in Munich.

·
Registered
451 Posts
They do make 3 series cars in South Africa, but if you order one for ED, you will get one made in Germany. Doesn't make sense to ship a car from South Africa to Munich if they make the same car in Germany.

·
Registered
838 Posts
They do make 3 series cars in South Africa, but if you order one for ED, you will get one made in Germany. Doesn't make sense to ship a car from South Africa to Munich if they make the same car in Germany.
Yeah, they make it right across the street from where you pick it up at the Welt!

I bet Munich will always make 3-series. The entire factory is dedicated to the three series, and a handful of motors.

·
///Multiple
4,525 Posts
The Munich plant only makes the 3 Series Sedan and I think the Touring. The Coupes and Convertibles (Cabrios) are made at the Regensburg plant. If the day ever came that they stopped making 3 Series in Munich, which seems unlikely in the next seven years given the several hundred million Euro investment they made to manufacture the F30, they would likely be made in Regensburg.

·
Registered
838 Posts
The Munich plant only makes the 3 Series Sedan and I think the Touring. The Coupes and Convertibles (Cabrios) are made at the Regensburg plant. If the day ever came that they stopped making 3 Series in Munich, which seems unlikely in the next seven years given the several hundred million Euro investment they made to manufacture the F30, they would likely be made in Regensburg.
Right, I should have been more specific. Just touring and sedan. I was there for the last week of the E90/91 production. I wonder if they are making F31s? I understand the F31 is not coming to the US, and I've never seen an F31 official photo. I guess they will come out later in 2012 than the F30.

·
Using SPF 45
3,672 Posts
Sorry - That's what I thought I implied, but didn't state clearly.

·
resU deretsigeR
6,259 Posts
A 3 series was the first car off the line in South Carolina. Last time I was there, the car was in the museum.

They stopped assembling the 3 series there ages ago. Current US production is X3, X5, and X6.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts