BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My battery was stolen and now I can't get a new one because the dealer is asking how many Amp? And I don't know because I don't have the original battery.

Anyone has 328d can take a picture of the battery?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
3,654 Posts
Guess: 850 CCA, size H8

·
Pedant and Curmudgeon
6,205 Posts
My battery was stolen and now I can't get a new one because the dealer is asking how many Amp? And I don't know because I don't have the original battery.

Thank you.
I would get another dealer. They should know the 2-3 sizes, and just sell you the larger one. Also, the dealer can read out the current/previous battery specs and discover the size. So your dealer is stupid.

Also, I kind of wonder how thieves stole your battery from your trunk - wasn't it closed and locked?

Should be a 90 ah battery.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts

my battery was stolen and now i can't get a new one because the dealer is asking how many amp? And i don't know because i don't have the original battery.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Also, I kind of wonder how thieves stole your battery from your trunk - wasn't it closed and locked?
Long story sort.
It was on a lot and they had key access. They replaced the battery with some old one from 2010 with no labels. Those making it unprovable that they changed the battery.

·
Registered
8,180 Posts
61217555719 is 80AH, 61216924023 is 92AH

Long story sort.
It was on a lot and they had key access. They replaced the battery with some old one from 2010 with no labels. Those making it unprovable that they changed the battery.

So does the diesel version has 90ah or 80ah? Or the diesel needs more power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts