BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short story: I went to BMW of Tucson earlier today to lease a '14 428 coupe. A rep and I had been talking, and had picked out a car available for dealer trade that fit my criteria.

When going over the numbers today, he quoted me at 0.0017 MF (my credit score is 769)! When I asked why the number was so high the salesman acted like he was doing me a favor by offering 0.0017. I walked out and emailed a Scottsdale dealer who immediately called me back and gave me an awesome deal.

Has anyone else had this experience?

·
Pastafarian Extraordinair
2,347 Posts
Nope, that's actually pretty shocking. I think all dealers usually offer a net 0 deal so they can sell their car with as little profit as possible. I believe that's a mandate from the manufacturers.

If a CA didn't offer you everything at cost and instead forced you to negotiate (or shop around) you should report them to the owner of the dealership.

:angel:

·
Registered
321 Posts
That is very normal for them to jack up the money factor, if you are an uneducated buyer, more profit for them. It is amazing to me, the number of people leasing BMW's that have no idea about getting a good deal leasing a BMW, with all of the good info available online. Of course, the car you wanted wasn't on their lot...depends on the bottom number of the deal too.

·
Greg Poland Pacific BMW
3,135 Posts
did you take delivery of car yet?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts