Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 528i that just made 100K miles and after a trip to the dealer for the last CPO check and an oil change, I received a Coolant Level Low Message after a 250-mile trip. It did not need hardly any coolant, but I topped it off anyway. Well, although it is full of coolant, the message keeps coming back. I have bleed it a couple of times with the 10-12 minute electronic bleeding procedure, but the message continues to return. We have driven it over 500 miles since the first message and it never runs hot and although full of coolant, the Coolant Level Low Message continues. Am I missing something? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Coolant reservoir tank has a float switch(magnetic) that signals the sensor (under the reservoir). I***8217;ve had the float switch go bad, stuck or the foam that float it had broke off. A new tank should comes with a new sensor also. A liter of concentrate coolant too that will make 2 liter when mixed. Btw do not buy aftermarket reservoir. I usually go aftermarket with parts but with bmw on this particular part, go oem.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Coolant reservoir tank has a float switch(magnetic) that signals the sensor (under the reservoir). I’ve had the float switch go bad, stuck or the foam that float it had broke off. A new tank should comes with a new sensor also. A liter of concentrate coolant too that will make 2 liter when mixed. Btw do not buy aftermarket reservoir. I usually go aftermarket with parts but with bmw on this particular part, go oem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This sounds great, so I will check out the reservoir itself and pursue replacement if necessary, then let you know how it turns out. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
At 59K miles my reservoir has developed a very small leak and will have to be replaced soon. :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts