Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just had my 30K service done which included spark plugs. My car now feels less powerful especially at the top of 2nd and 3rd gear. I almost feel like the turbo's are not kicking in like before the service. The car is definitely not as responsive at top rpm's. I have a feeling the previous owner had a computer upgrade on the car and maybe BMW wiped it out when they did the service. Wondering if anyone else has had a likewise problem. Of course, BMW says all is fine...thx!

·
Sandlapper
199 Posts
Less responsive too

I had my plugs changed on my 2014 M6 coupe at 21,000 miles and I feel the same as you. I bought mine new so I"m the only owner. Think they put in different plugs? Just doesn't feel the same on the pedal as it used to.:cry:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just had 60,000 mile service interval 2011 328ix I have a rough idle the car feels like it's going to die every time I pull up to the stop sign new plugs new wires compression checks still no answers for days at a repair shop any ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been told by a few professionals, the current bmw computer upgrade they have to do when taken in for service is much less desirable than the previous one your car went in with. That made sense to me as my car was not nearly as aggressive as before. Hard to live with!! I will be doing an upgrade very shortly and will post the results. It may be the meanest m6 out there!!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Did you get the car programmed? We have no way of knowing before we program and if a tune was loaded, it will revert back to the original vehicle order. The only way we actually know if we check monitors throughout the system and if there is xxx displayed, the vehicle has been modified and can void the warranty if engine issues happen. The so-called no one will know tunes are a lie. We always know and PUMA can find even more info than we can.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts