BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks,

New to the forum and been on the hunt for a fairly well equipped 15 or 16 X5 xdrive.

Unfortunately, they are few and far between on the west coast and I have been looking in the midwest.

Today I found a 2104 x5 w/ 15k miles that fits the bill.. and it is local.

My question:

Is there any differences on the 14 vs the 15 I had originally wanted?

I know the build packages changed a bit (ie 4 zone air as part of premium) but what about the technology, the appearance etc.?? Anything I should know?

Any input is appreciated.. I am guessing the answer is "not much if any..."

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Somebody here recently said the standard/something rims/style on the '14 and '15 are different, but that's not a biggie.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
2015 has performance improvements as follows.

Technical update for the 8-speed automatic transmission leading to better efficiency and faster acceleration:
As of October 2014 production, there will be an engine displacement change on the N55 engine (X5 sDrive35i and X5 xDrive35i) that increases displacement from 2979 cubic centimeters to 3001 cubic centimeters
As of September 2014 production, there will be additional stitching added on all seats upholstered in Dakota or Nappa leather to enhance both seat quality and design. Double stitching will be added on all front seat shoulders.

2015 BMW X5 0-60 mph improvements

Check this thread for more changes on the 2015 over the 2014.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=774800&highlight=x5+2015

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks!

Last 2 questions:

1. Assuming the running boards can be removed if I want to

2. The 2014 is about $7k less than the 2015 and is fully loaded vs semi loaded in terms of options. The 14 sticker was 72k

Any thoughts on what a model year difference is worth from a resale perspective?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Forgot,

when you say technical update to transmission, does that mean software related and can be applied to the 14 MYear?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts