BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a BMW X5 that has navigation and I've realized it does not have bluetooth audio(only phone call) . Basically I can't stream music from my phone to my car. In bluetooth device option, I only see telephone as option. Can this be taken to the dealer so that they can add it? Isn't it suppose to have it anyways?

Here are my packages :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByG8WrFDv97Qam9GTUdxYjh1dms/view?usp=drivesdk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Is your phone an Apple or Android?

I have an iPhone and have Apple CarPlay in my vehicle. It was an option; I think the cost was about $300. From what I gather, there's a similar system for Android. Neither are included.

While looking through your list of options I didn't see either, but I could have missed them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think apple car play was not available for 2014 models...

from my experience OP, I have a c300 and you can notices a better quality sound when the phone is tethered rather than Bluetooth connected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Carplay support has been added to 2017 BMWs. A car as expensive as the X5 does not come with bluetooth audio steaming as standard option (A2DP). My friend's old 2009 Honda Civic came with that option!

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
that's too strange it's supposed to have it since ~2013 in the old model. There isn't a code/option just for Bluetooth audio (didn't show up on my 2016 either but it's there).
The manual on page 57 or 59 said to check/enable something if it wasn't set up automatically (attached is the pdf file).

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that's too strange it's supposed to have it since ~2013 in the old model. There isn't a code/option just for Bluetooth audio (didn't show up on my 2016 either but it's there).
The manual on page 57 or 59 said to check/enable something if it wasn't set up automatically (attached is the pdf file).
I did that, I don't even get a music symbol that is deactivated. And when I configure the bluetooth, there is only "Telephone", no "audio" :(

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a BMW X5 that has navigation and I've realized it does not have bluetooth audio(only phone call) . Basically I can't stream music from my phone to my car. In bluetooth device option, I only see telephone as option. Can this be taken to the dealer so that they can add it? Isn't it suppose to have it anyways?

Here are my packages :

BMW X5 X 2014 BLACK SAPPHIRE METALLIC (475) LEDER DAKOTACANBERRABEIGE (LCCY) - 5UXKR0C52E0H20110.pdf
Sorry to break it to you,, in ur build a smart german dudde though its smart not to add bluetooth streaming so he took it of and left you with USB and AUX. and you cant even add it.... Cause i have the same issue we'll i should have studied before buying this crap. Bmw toled me that probley u need to change the entire hardware. And i remembered why u hate BMW

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is very disappointing to read. I recently purchased a 2014 F15 that is being shipped to me, with same specs as yours. It's sad to learn that I may not be able to stream music from my phone. For a machine this expensive, that's bad. My 2010 Lexus ES sedan has this. What a shame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts