BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW Store of Cincinnati, for small ding on my windshield that's smaller than a dime and doesn't leak, is attempting to charge me $1,400.

Does this seem like a total hosing to anyone else? What should I be paying for a new one? Technically, I've been driving for 2 months with it and nothing has happened.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
BMW Store of Cincinnati, for small ding on my windshield that's smaller than a dime and doesn't leak, is attempting to charge me $1,400.

Does this seem like a total hosing to anyone else? What should I be paying for a new one? Technically, I've been driving for 2 months with it and nothing has happened.
You probably have a hud right? You might be able to get it a little cheaper, but its not going to be $500. If you get other quotes on your replacement windshield, you will want BMW OEM glass, and it will likely be north of 1k.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Replacement windshields will run you north of $1000. But if the affected area is as small as you say why not use Safelite (or similar) to repair it? If it must be replaced and you have the standard $500 deductible it might be worth contacting your insurance company.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Why not claim it under your glass coverage? Also of it is a chip that isn't spreading those can usually be filled. Only exception might be if it is in drivers line of vision.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I had windshield replaced using glass coverage and a mobile glass place came and swapped out the windshield in my driveway. The place was a direct recommendation from Pacific BMW in pasadena. It cost me $50....

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
I had windshield replaced using glass coverage and a mobile glass place came and swapped out the windshield in my driveway. The place was a direct recommendation from Pacific BMW in pasadena. It cost me $50....
Different insurance policies either have specific glass coverage, or dont (I have AAA and they dont have glass coverage specifically).

In any case unless the OP has a 1500 deductible, it would be cheaper to file this under his insurance, either specific glass coverage, or comprehensive (which does not add points to your insurance policy).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts