BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - wanted to get your input on the following:

Got a pre owned 2015 BMW 320i last week with 18.5k miles on it (maintenance recently made by the dealer). The dealer was not a BMW dealer so I can only transfer warranty and not maintenance. A local BMW is offering a Maintenace refresh until the 4 year/50k mile warranty expires (Dec. 2018 or when I get to 50k (year and a half or 2) for $550. Is it a good deal? New Bimmer owner here.

Also, is there a window I need to purchase the refresh if I decide to? Like, do they give me up to 30 days after purchase to decide or so?

Thanks!

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our F30 3 Series forum, you'll get more feedback in here. It's not a terrible deal but you could do slightly better getting your maintenance done at an independent BMW shop.

Tim

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Hey guys - wanted to get your input on the following:

Got a pre owned 2015 BMW 320i last week with 18.5k miles on it (maintenance recently made by the dealer). The dealer was not a BMW dealer so I can only transfer warranty and not maintenance. A local BMW is offering a Maintenace refresh until the 4 year/50k mile warranty expires (Dec. 2018 or when I get to 50k (year and a half or 2) for $550. Is it a good deal? New Bimmer owner here.

Also, is there a window I need to purchase the refresh if I decide to? Like, do they give me up to 30 days after purchase to decide or so?

Thanks!
Not really familiar with the maintenance refresh, but what you will be doing with that $550 is pre purchasing maintenance items like oil changes, cabin air filters and wiper blades. You would want to check to see if that maintenance "refresh" covers brakes, which you may or may not need in the 4/50 timeframe.

I personally wouldnt pay for the maintenance ( although warranty is another matter) but its up to you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've moved your question to our F30 3 Series forum, you'll get more feedback in here. It's not a terrible deal but you could do slightly better getting your maintenance done at an independent BMW shop.

Tim
Not a problem, thank you! Used to have a VW Passat SE and I'm still not really familiar with the cost of maintenance of a BMW. Maybe i'm wrong, but if labor+parts are a little bit more expensive than the Passat's then $550 seems like quite a deal if I can throw in a brake job in there (it's included in the maintenance deal). The car currently has 18.5k miles and it was first purchased in December 2014 by the previous owner according to its Carfax. The dealership (not a BMW dealer) did full maintenance (oil change, tire rotation, tire alignment, and a few others things) a few days before I bought the car so I won't need any maintenance anytime soon I think. I'm also not familiar with how long brake pads/rotors last in these cars...so many things! :dunno:

Not really familiar with the maintenance refresh, but what you will be doing with that $550 is pre purchasing maintenance items like oil changes, cabin air filters and wiper blades. You would want to check to see if that maintenance "refresh" covers brakes, which you may or may not need in the 4/50 timeframe.

I personally wouldnt pay for the maintenance ( although warranty is another matter) but its up to you.
Yep, the refresh is pretty much pre purchasing maintenance items including brakes (pads, rotors, etc.). The car still has the original 4/50k warranty and then dealership threw in an additional 10 year 100k mile powertrain warranty. The refresh would cover a few (3-4?) oil changes + wiper blades + filters + the usual stuff. I see a real value if a full brake job is done, but since i'm not familiar with how long the brake pads and rotors last in a 2015 3 series...that's the tricky part. The dealer quoting the refresh said I can make a purchase within 30 days of the purchase of my car.

Thank you both for your replies! Doing my best to make an informed decision.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey - any other opinions? Tomorrow´s the last day i'm able to get this and I want to make sure I make the right decision.

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,886 Posts
The BMW maintenance plan covers maintenance based on the car's Condition Based Service computer system. That means the system decides when oil changes are due and it decides when the brake service is due. You would likely get two or maybe three oil changes. You would get at least one brake fluid change. The odds are fairly low the brakes would require service within the 4/50 window. The $550 price sounds fairly reasonable, but it's a toss up whether you would get that much value from doing it. You might or might not.

Congrats on your purchase. Welcome to the 'fest. It's the internet, pics or it didn't happen. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts