BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I had this problem forever and every time I go to bmw they saying they can't fix it.
So few weeks back I went and complained about clicking noice when I make any ripe of turn.
Bmw foreman spoke to me and said that bmw identified issue with ceramic brakes and they have a fix.
I was really happy .
They kept car for a day, next morning I picked it up and not noise.
After few days it's back again louder and really annoing.
On top of that something is scratching my rim from the inside and they are saying it was rock that did a damage.

2 questions:
People with ceramic brakes do you have clicking movie when making turns?and did you fix it?
Has anyone Tim is scratching front he Inside?

In both my cases bmw said that clicking noise is expected for ceramic brakes

And scratching rim was due to rock
And my rim is scratching twice perfect circle on the inside and very visible front he outside.

·
Registered
683 Posts
yes, I've heard this is an issue with the 19's and the larger CCB rotors (rock scratching the inside). One more reason to go ZCP and the 666M's ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have the same ongoing issue! Rock has scratched my front passenger side rim in 2 spots. I sometimes hear the grinding sound when turning slowly and brakes are extremely noisy. When I was my wheels and brakes really good, is when I get less noise and issues.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes they do but per bmw service people it's expected even though they have official fix
No one tells me why it is not working

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Sooo ceramic brakes click, but how, and why?
Steering lock has too much angle maybe. When they were testing the car hard at the Nurburgring for hundreds of laps they overlooked the fact people turn to full lock often and the suspension bushings get torn up requiring often replacement. Not one corner on the Nurburgring requires full lock so it was overlooked. They overlooked the N63 timing chain and 15k mile interval problem. Addressed years later with the N63TU. It's like playing golf so much. You develop only one side of your body but not the other. Eventually, it will lead to problems due to an imbalance. It's like having more chest muscles that back muscles. It will pull your shoulder forward causing a problem in the shoulder area somewhere which results in, pain. You developed a way on how to do it properly, offset so much that the other areas were neglected, results in problems like what is happening with the car now. Like, when people don't work their back because they don't want a back problem. Back gets weaker and then they end up using a walker at old age. Cutting your hours because you made a job very efficient is like telling people the proper ways. They get stuff fixed where you are not needed, you get no work, you don't get paid, what not to do really, from their side but from their side which is your side you really want the correct information.

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
When they were testing the car hard at the Nurburgring for hundreds of laps they overlooked the fact people turn to full lock often and the suspension bushings get torn up requiring often replacement. Not one corner on the Nurburgring requires full lock so it was overlooked. They overlooked the N63 timing chain and 15k mile interval problem. Addressed years later with the N63TU.
BMW is good about refinement, but may take 'em a while.

HPFP debacle a case in point.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts