BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
They're already started. People were placing orders in late June. They started production the last week of July. Depending on the source you read, there were 700+ units already either waiting to ship or having just shipped.
I asked two NY area dealers, and both said they haven't started selling '15s yet, could it be because they want to get rid of all '14s first..
Also build your own 15 is not yet available on the website.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I would hazard a guess your dealers either aren't informed or, as you say, are trying to move inventory.

Rumor is that the "official" launch of the 2015 is August 11, so people are expecting the website to change then. But I do know the dealer configuration tool is available to them for 2015. Mine finished production yesterday. :D
Congratulations! I love the 35d but living in NYC I couldn't do that, so I am considering xLine.
Anyway, when I test drove the X5 and 535 just a week ago, the "nice" saleslady specifically said they couldn't start taking orders for '15 because they were not sure when they can be ordered, and she said "we do have 14's available so you don't have to wait"... I am like, I still have 3 months to go on my lease, I would like to order now because I have a buyer ready to take my '12 once my 15 arrives.. She appeared annoyed. :dunno:

She also tried to lowball me on a resale & trade in value of my X5, that's a different story.
I'll be watching the site tomorrow. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Yeah, doesn't sound entirely on the up and up there :)

BTW - you can get the xLine on the 35d. All 4 of the models (sDrive 35i, and xDrive 35i, 35d, and 50i) can come in one of the 3 lines (xLine, Luxury Line, or M-Sport). The line is just a different trim package on the base models. I might be misunderstanding, but your first comment sounds like you believe the xLine is exclusive of the 35d.

Good luck to you. Definitely do your research, as it sounds like at least one of the dealers you are talking to might need some correction. :thumbup:
With not being able to get the d I was talking about limited number of gas stations that offer diesel in NYC, thanks for the clarification, though, I still wasn't aware you could get any line/package with 35d, which was not an option back on 12.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Try Orange County bmw .. I know they place orders on 2015 x5
Last time I got my X5 at wide world, which is closer than orange county to me, while it was worth a trip up there it was available through Trucar, I heard good things about Habberstad, maybe will try them this time. Honestly these big city dealers like BMW of Manhattan (worst service, so bad that I had to walk out) and Rallye, great service dept, not so much in sales, especially joke that they call test drive. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I bought an M3 from Wide World in the late 1990s and had a very good experience. But being from the city, it was kind of a hassle to want to maintain a service relationship with them. Since the service center in Portchester has been very good in my experience, I'm giving thought to going with BMW in Mamaroneck when I rotate into the new X5.
I guess things changed since then, they are not responsive and do not follow up at all. :tsk: All they do is send junk mail both via email and postal mail.
Anyway, since I am actually in Queens, I probably would go with one in Long Island instead of upstate. Return lease will be a hassle unless I can get it traded in at a different dealer at pay-off cost.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Does anyone have info regarding the multi-contour seats being standard on the 2015 X5 35d? In the online configurator they are always checked in gray and no additional cost shows up in the upgrade list. I'm just trying to confirm that they are included befor I order.
Also, has anyone compared the rear comfort seats vs. regular back seats? Is it worth the cost to upgrade them?
Multi-Contour seats are pre-selected and grayed out as part of Ivory White Interior Design Package. They are also listed under Luxury Seating Package.
To get them individually, you would need to select them in Options list which is $1300 add on.
They are not standard.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Based on post from members on the forums you will find a much better deal and experience at other dealers. Contact George Javier over at Rallye BMW. Best buying experience for me.

Alan
He is a nice guy, responsive, but Rallye's prices might be keeping him back from getting more business, for same spec F15 lease, their offer was almost over $100/mo more with same down payment. :dunno: Even if I consider the $1k UDE credit which he didn't add in, that might make a difference of $30, he is still much higher.
I also like their service department.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Little late but FYI you can return a leased car at any BMW dealer... :)
Thanks, that's what my new dealer told me, but I was told inspection is still done before by 3rd party although I just got a confusing legal letter in reference to something about arbitration, etc.. in New York State in reference to lease end and excessive wear & tear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.