BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
It's good to be bad
717 Posts
Right now my CA said that they only have pricing for the 2015's and cannot even order a 2015 as there are no allocations yet for them. My question is, I want to make sure I get the tech update in the tranny, the seat stitching would be a bonus, but I'm more concerned about the tranny update. So if mine happens to be built in August, is it safe to say I won't have the tranny update even thought its a 2015? Does anyone have a definitive answer on this? BMW did this to me last year when I ordered my 535 and I wanted to make sure mine had the passive M suspension. Up until Sept production the cars didn't have it. Mine was built in the last week in august and had it though.

·
It's good to be bad
717 Posts
There are production numbers being assigned for 2015s now as there is a guy in a separate thread that has one and I know of two others who also have been assigned 2015 production numbers. I believe the order bank started to be slotted on July 3, 2015.

My understanding is that if you get a 2015 then you will get the updated transmission, regardless of if it is built on August 1st or September 1st. However, it sounds like you will need a production slot after September 1st to receive the updated stitching.

You should probably just tell your salesperson that you want to wait for the stitching and then get a production slot after September 1st. That way you should get both the transmission update and the leather stitching update.

Good luck.
Ok thanks, I just wanted to make sure I get the transmission update. I could give a stitch less about the stitching :rofl:

·
It's good to be bad
717 Posts
My CA said the 2015 X5 35i requires 87 octane (US regular). This seems odd to me because the 2014 X5 35i spec's published on BMWUSA's website call for 91 octane (US premium). Will these October 2014 N55 engine changes mean we could run 87 octane fuel in the 2015 35i without concern for pinging? If that's the case then I will order the 35i. If 91 (US premium) is also required for post October N55 engines as it is for the 2014 35i then I would order the 35d. Please advise!
Our 2012 X5 with the N55 has a min oct rating of 89. However when you run that low, the power drops off and so does the gas mileage. So we always run 93 oct. If gas mileage is a concern I'd do the 35D.

Sent from your moms house

·
It's good to be bad
717 Posts
I don't think that the 2015's are going to be universally more expensive. Since I wanted the 4 zone climate and not the soft close doors, it came out about $400 cheaper to order a 2015 over a 2014 since they removed the soft close doors from the premium package and added the 4 zone climate.

Sent from your moms house

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.