BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
BUYSELLFIL, your build is very similar to what I am about to order, except currently I have the M-sport with the Sport seats and no rear comfort seats or Luxury/multi-contour seats selected, and am wondering what you think of the MC/Luxury seats vs the Sport seats and the Rear Comfort seats vs the standard seats?

Also, how is it keeping that beautiful Carbon Black clean?

Thanks! KC

·
Registered
149 Posts
New X5d build--I value your input

I am about to order a 2015 X5d with this build and would really appreciate your feedback and suggestions of options.

Space Gray with Black Dakota and Fineline Oak wood trim.
M-Sport
Cold Weather
Driver Assistance and Plus Packages with ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant
Dynamic Handling Package
Lighting Package
Adaptive M Suspension
Premium Package
Ceramic Controls
Enhanced USB and Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration
Rear manual side window shades
Harman Kardon surround sound system
Luxury Seats
Leather Dash

Add'l info. I drive regularly between Reno and Bay Area, so over and thru snow and then sun and warm temps on the same drive, so hence why I am not ordering the 20" M wheels--Although beautiful--I need one set of tires that can handle all weather and driving conditions. Also, I need a dark interior and durable one as I regularly carry mtn bikes inside the cabin---not on top of roof.

I want a tight fitting seat (I'm 6'2" and 165 pounds) yet also comfortable. Although the ventilated seats sound good, I want durable seats so worry about that. Also from input here am ruling out Active Steering although sounds good hard to tell if it'll be firm and sporty as well during highway driving and worth the $1500!

I appreciate your thoughts on each of these and other options.

Thank you! KC

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello sadone. I did a lot of research on these forums for the various options and Active Steering was one of the toughest since the dealers don't have cars optioned with it, and a call to a tech at BMW USA couldn't tell me more than the website says, and the discussions on these forums are pretty polar about AS--either hate or love/like it. But there seems to be fewer that like it, and even fewer that love it, and some who have it and wish they didn't with even fewer who don't have the option that wish they did.

Search the forums for active steering or AS and you'll find plenty of discussions about it, although more on on non-X5 forums, I suppose because the option has been offered on other models much longer than the X5.

You'll get a sense if it's right for you after reading the discussions about it. A good way to spend a couple if hours of your time to either save $1600 or get an option you might really like.

After my research I concluded it wasn't best for me. I'll take delivery of mine hopefully this Friday and will know from direct experience if that was a good $1600 savings or not.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Sadone. I picked up my X5 Friday and think the regular steering is very good to excellent. Although I have not driven an Active Steering vehicle I am very happy with the standard steering.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi Chano, I would've preferred my X5 in Estorili Blue, but the Space Gray is very nice. Here is a photo of it the weekend I picked it up.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.