BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Don't you think that DHP option is the most 'powerful and sophisticated ' suspension and steering option and you don't need M-adaptive suspension ?
The "M Adaptive" is a bad description for what the system truly provides, which is the load-leveling rear air suspension with dynamic dampers. DHP alone doesn't give you that. DHP provides several things, but the main benefit is 100% torque vectoring to the rear outside wheel in a corner.

My personal opinion is that if you feel the need to pay $6000 for handling packages ($1500 for rear air/dampers + $4500 for DHP) on a 5000 lb SUV, you may want to re-think what you actually want out of a vehicle as there are some better choices that might fit your driving desires better.

That being said, I wanted to double-check those prices and found that the BMW USA build site requires you to remove the M-Sport trim line to add Dynamic Damper/Air Suspension, regardless of whether you select the DHP. I do not know why that is, though there were rumors that you can no longer add that on X-drive vehicles. Previously, if you had M-Sport, the DD/AS option (commonly called "M Adaptive" on here) was reduced in price to $900 from $1500 if you'd chosen the M Sport line.

Here's a screen shot.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey Guys... New to posting but I have been reading these forums for a while. I just left my local dealer in Seattle and I am not to thrilled with the deal they presented. I was planning on ordering a 2015 X5D but they told me I would get a better deal by taking an in stock unit (makes sense). They have one pretty close to what I would order with an MSRP of $72,225. They told me the best they could do was 5% off of MSRP and potentially an additional discount for USSA but they couldn't tell me what that was. I registered for the up coming UDE in Seattle but haven't received my discount code yet, so I didn't mention the additional $1000. They also low balled me on my trade ($4000 under blue book). Does anyone have any experience with dealers in my area? From reading these forums it seems like I should be able to get at least 6% off in addition to the UDE cash. We didn't even start talking lease rates because we were so far away on price but I do have those handy. Thanks for your input in advance!
Expect your USAA discount to be $1500.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.