BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
2015 standard feature changes

Does anyone have info regarding the multi-contour seats being standard on the 2015 X5 35d? In the online configurator they are always checked in gray and no additional cost shows up in the upgrade list. I'm just trying to confirm that they are included befor I order.
Also, has anyone compared the rear comfort seats vs. regular back seats? Is it worth the cost to upgrade them?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Does anyone have info regarding the multi-contour seats being standard on the 2015 X5 35d? In the online configurator they are always checked in gray and no additional cost shows up in the upgrade list. I'm just trying to confirm that they are included befor I order.
Also, has anyone compared the rear comfort seats vs. regular back seats? Is it worth the cost to upgrade them?
Multi-Contour seats are pre-selected and grayed out as part of Ivory White Interior Design Package. They are also listed under Luxury Seating Package.
To get them individually, you would need to select them in Options list which is $1300 add on.
They are not standard.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Based on post from members on the forums you will find a much better deal and experience at other dealers. Contact George Javier over at Rallye BMW. Best buying experience for me.

Alan
He is a nice guy, responsive, but Rallye's prices might be keeping him back from getting more business, for same spec F15 lease, their offer was almost over $100/mo more with same down payment. :dunno: Even if I consider the $1k UDE credit which he didn't add in, that might make a difference of $30, he is still much higher.
I also like their service department.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm picking up my 2015 x5d tomorrow. It was built mid September. Since the engine displacement changes only seem to apply to the gasoline engines should I expect the transmission changes to be in my vehicle given that it isn't built in October? Id love the added power.

Did the transmission changes take place with all 2015s x5d's or only after October?

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I guess things changed since then, they are not responsive and do not follow up at all. :tsk: All they do is send junk mail both via email and postal mail.
Anyway, since I am actually in Queens, I probably would go with one in Long Island instead of upstate. Return lease will be a hassle unless I can get it traded in at a different dealer at pay-off cost.
Little late but FYI you can return a leased car at any BMW dealer... :)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Little late but FYI you can return a leased car at any BMW dealer... :)
Thanks, that's what my new dealer told me, but I was told inspection is still done before by 3rd party although I just got a confusing legal letter in reference to something about arbitration, etc.. in New York State in reference to lease end and excessive wear & tear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
New X5 pricing

Great pricing info and BMW is taking a lesson from the Japanese years ago - nickle/dime basic options or not making a desirable option part of a package. X-line, Luxury line. Adding $550 for paint really gets me. Anyone ever ask what happens to the transportation costs ($975) if you pick up a X model at the SC plant.

·
Registered
10 Posts
New X5 pricing

Great pricing info and BMW is taking a lesson from the Japanese years ago - nickle/dime basic options or not making a desirable option part of a package. X-line, Luxury line. Adding $550 for paint really gets me. Anyone ever ask what happens to the transportation costs ($975) if you pick up a X model at the SC plant.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Guys,

New to Bimmerfest and new to the BMW Family. I just ordered a 2015 Sapphire Black X5D X Line. Pretty pumped since I've been driving a manual transmission car of one kind or another for the last 22 years. I wanted the room and the luxury, and sadly, a real cup holder. I think I got a great deal on her and am watching the BMWUSA build tracker! Look forward to learning about BMW's and enthusiasts from the forums!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Where is the build tracker on BMW USA?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi

I've recently placed an order for a 3.0d SE (UK) insisting on a 2015 slot to ensure I get the gearbox upgrade. I'm told it's booked for Week 33 (11 Aug). This will miss out on the stitching amendment seemingly. Does anyone know why there is a stitching amendment - is it due to there being a problem with the current seats or is it to improve the cosmetics?
do you have any more info on the gearbox upgrade? is it softwear/mechanical?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Guys,

New to Bimmerfest and new to the BMW Family. I just ordered a 2015 Sapphire Black X5D X Line. Pretty pumped since I've been driving a manual transmission car of one kind or another for the last 22 years. I wanted the room and the luxury, and sadly, a real cup holder. I think I got a great deal on her and am watching the BMWUSA build tracker! Look forward to learning about BMW's and enthusiasts from the forums!
I'm thinking of ordering the same car. Can you tell me what kind of deal you got? Feel free to PM me if you would like

41 - 60 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.