BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!
This issue has been bothering me for a good time now. Unfortunately I can't find a proper fix for it using other threads/forums.

I have a 2015 BMW 528ix

My main issue is my Bluetooth audio for my Google pixel 5. After performing a security update about a year ago on my pixel 3xl, I noticed delayed controls on my idrive when it came to changing songs. Roughly a 30 second delay. After attempting to troubleshoot and comparing phones, I found out that it only happens with my phone.

It worked and still works perfectly fine my my GFs IPhone even after multiple updates.

I then tried updating the entertainment software but no fix.

Finally I bought the pixel 5 when it came out hoping it was just my phone. It worked great for a few months until another security update happened. Resulting in the same 30 second delay between songs.

After some time the issue became worse. With the delays increasing to almost a full minute. If I tried rushing the change of a song, my Idrive would stop playing Bluetooth music outright and would take up to 10 minutes to recover. Recently it's gotten so bad that it's now just crashing my idrive whenever it freezes up. Again, this does not happen at all with my GFs IPhone 10 or when I simply drive without Bluetooth music. It's not a serious problem but it is genuinely getting annoying.

I tried resetting my profile, disconnecting my phone, re-enabling Bluetooth on my phone and the car, and even updating the entertainment software again. At this point I'm about to switch over to an iPhone or upgrade my idrive system with an Android/apple auto box.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I figured out the issue finally.
Mind you this is after contacting google support as well for their own phone. Instead I got the fix from a Subaru forum since I saw someone was having a very similar issue to my own.

The fix ended up being a software rollback on my phone via developer mode on my pixel. For anyone having similar issues you'll need to first unlock developer mode, then head to system settings, and roll back the AVRCP version from 1.5 to 1.3.

For video delays or playability with YouTube videos, I found the fix to be changing my MAP version from 1.2 to 1.3. I'm not sure what it will be like for other phones, but there may be a similar software responsible for your Bluetooth.

It does not reset any info on your phone or jail break it, if you're worried. Neither does it have any negative side effects with other wireless devices.

Hope this helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts