BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about 8 months into my ownership. Bought it CPO 39K miles driven and the car is still under warranty.

So I am not sure if its me being overly neurotic or there is an issue brewing but I am noticing that the shifting when in manual mode can be clunky at times and when in auto mode under braking the shifts can engage pretty hard.

I obviously did not have the car nor have driven a new M4 so I dont know what to compare it to but wanted to know if there were any other observed clunkiness in the shifts in the DCTs out there on the aging M4's. Could it be a transmission mount that would be causing the "percieved" chunkiness?

There are no metal sounds or grinding so I dont think this is an immediately concerning problem but wanted to ask if there were any preventative things I could do to make sure it doesn't get worse.

Not sure if this is correlated, but i notice the DCT hesitates when shifting during low to moderate acceleration. When i give it the beans there are absolutely no issues. but if i am moderately accelerating, especially from 2nd to 3rd in auto mode it almost feels like there is a hesitation when it shifts.

All in all love the car! But wanted to network on it.

Thanks for the input! I searched in the forum for this issue and didnt see any but feel free to call me an idiot if this was already addressed.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm on the right track or not, but I would like to ask you how much have you played around with the other settings besides just "manual" and auto? Such as the transmission and engine settings. I do find in my '18 M3 that there is a noticeable difference in how it shifts and how much lag depending on how you have the settings. Again, maybe this isn't quite what you're talking about, but I thought I'd just throw it out there in case :) Hopefully you get it figured whatever the case and go back to enjoying a terrific car!
Cheers from cold as %#$ Alberta, Canada :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks hamm! I am probably way over thinking it.

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track or not, but I would like to ask you how much have you played around with the other settings besides just "manual" and auto? Such as the transmission and engine settings. I do find in my '18 M3 that there is a noticeable difference in how it shifts and how much lag depending on how you have the settings. Again, maybe this isn't quite what you're talking about, but I thought I'd just throw it out there in case :) Hopefully you get it figured whatever the case and go back to enjoying a terrific car!
Cheers from cold as %#$ Alberta, Canada :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts