Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
SOLVED!!!!
Low pressure port is located under the air intake passenger side where the filter is. No need to remove the filter. Just the filter housing couple of fasners detach ~5in hose clamp going to manafold.

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
Oh...were you asking for info about the AC refrigerant? I was confused because you wrote “coolant”...which made me think you were referring to the engine/turbo/DME cooling circuits.

Here’s more info about the the AC refrigerant evacuation and refill procedures for systems that use R134a....if your BMW uses the newer R1234yf...there are other instructions on the TIS website. Make sure to take note of additional links depending on your model etc: https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f06-m6-cou/repair-manuals/64-heating-air-conditioning/64-50-air-conditioning-check/2SqAkeDI

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you QSilver7! Yep should have had the "AC" part in the Title. Sorry about that. And the instructions you linked to were correct and clear. Again thank you. The instructions however say not to use the the low pressure AC port to evacuate and fill the R134a which slightly concerns me.
I ended up having a friend help with the AC the service and it was evacuated only through the High pressure port. Since we could not find the low pressure port. Then filled through the high pressure port but to 1.5 lbs ( spec is 1.6 lbs +- .02) all the time while engine is off.
Since we could not fill it to spec lead us to look harder for the low pressure AC port. Then still while the car was off we used both ports to fill the remaining fluid.
AC now works fine though.
Larry

·
Registered
12,093 Posts
Glad it all worked out. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts