Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

This is my third experience owning a BMW, but my first time owning a newer model BMW SUV.
My car is a 2015 X3 with the 2.0 DIESEL (to be clear) and XDrive.
The car has 91k miles currently, and I just changed the oil and oil filter on my own (which was a trial in and of itself) and have already come across a problem finding parts and general information on the vehicle, which is a bit of an inconvenience for someone like me who likes to do their own maintenance on their vehicles.
I was looking on Rockauto.com, which, by the way, is lacking most common parts you would expect for a vehicle (as do most of the other car parts websites), and came across a ***8220;part,***8221; if you will, in the suspension section of the catalog called ***8220;Hydraulic Suspension Fluid.***8221;
I***8217;m not having any problems with my suspension, and I***8217;m assuming I have the hydraulic suspension since the sport mode and comfort mode seem to firm/soften up the ride considerably, but I was interested still in changing the fluid because of the mileage on my vehicle if the task is not too terribly difficult.
However, I can find no information online regarding the use of hydraulic fluid or whether or not it even needs changed or even how to go about doing it...
I was hoping maybe someone on here could enlighten me on how the suspension system works, in regards to its use of hydraulic fluid, and what sort of preventive maintenance it requires, if any.
Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,449 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts