Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard information for winter packages on 20" wheels? My dealer says BMW won't be releasing details until October. Seems late in the season.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I heard the same. Also found out that they had the 20" inch package available last fall for about $3,500. I will definitely need a set and have also contacted an aftermarket tire place for pricing.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
My dealer had the information. I went ahead and ordered a set of the 20s. They came in this week, so I went by the dealership to take a look at them and was surprised by the color. They're the same style as the optional 20s, but they're a solid (darker) grey color, instead of the two-tone machined look of the standard 20s. Just FYI.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks. I'll call my dealer (in MA) today. When I called last week, they did not have the info. What state are you in?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Thanks. I'll call my dealer (in MA) today. When I called last week, they did not have the info. What state are you in?
I'm in Central Ohio.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
And I'll get back out to the dealership and take a pic of the wheel, so people can see the color. They were as surprised as I was by how they came in.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are the winter wheels 4 of the same wheel? or diff sizes front/rear?

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Are the winter wheels 4 of the same wheel? or diff sizes front/rear?
Same tire size (285/40R20Y), but the rear wheels are 1/2" wider, I believe. I also found this pic posted on another forum, which accurately represents the color I mentioned earlier. It's worth noting, this is NOT the same color that comes standard if you option down to 20s on your initial build.

Here's the link to where I found the pic:
http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1068441&page=2

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
any idea why the rears are wider if the tire size is the same? seems odd...

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
any idea why the rears are wider if the tire size is the same? seems odd...
I asked the same question, as it seemed odd to me, too. I didn't get a great answer other than it was BMW's recommendation.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dealer contacted me today and said the package is available. 285/40/20 Pirelli Scorpions and 611M wheels. 10.5" wide rims on front and back. $4000.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Dealer contacted me today and said the package is available. 285/40/20 Pirelli Scorpions and 611M wheels. 10.5" wide rims on front and back. $4000.
Hmm. I was told 10.5" on the back, 10" on the front.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts