Bimmerfest BMW banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
OK. I was wrong. 10"x20" on front, 10.5x20" on rear.
Well, at least we're getting consistent information. That's not nothing!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Consistent with the information here, see image I have attached which is a screen shot from the parts department. For comparison, it also shows the 20" wheels that the car was built with. The part department confirmed the style but was uncertain about the color.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Consistent with the information here, see image I have attached which is a screen shot from the parts department. For comparison, it also shows the 20" wheels that the car was built with. The part department confirmed the style but was uncertain about the color.
The color is definitely different (a dark grey), as I've seen them with my own eyes. Strange that BMW doesn't spell this out for their parts departments.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Got the wheels. They are definitely dark grey.
When I thought they were going to be the standard two-tone 20s, I intended to get them powder-coated black, like I did for my 2014. But I like the dark grey color. I'm just not sure how it will look up against my Donington paint, so I'll be curious to check it out when the new ///M (finally) gets here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My M is Donington gray also. It's going to be a different look for sure. Can't tell what I think yet.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Thanks. Could you please post pics?
I didn't take a picture and they're at the dealership parts department now, but I posted an accurate pic earlier in this thread (post #14 on the second page of comments) that I found online. That's exactly how mine looked when I saw them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I didn't take a picture and they're at the dealership parts department now, but I posted an accurate pic earlier in this thread (post #14 on the second page of comments) that I found online. That's exactly how mine looked when I saw them.

Ok, thanks again. So they are darker (black) than the 20" that came with the car (gray).

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Ok, thanks again. So they are darker (black) than the 20" that came with the car (gray).
The standard 20s are two-tone, a machined silver on the flat surfaces and a darker grey (Orbit Grey?) on the insets. The winter wheels are all one color, a darker grey, but I don't think quite as dark as BMW's Orbit. I haven't seen them side by side, so it's hard to say, but the winter set is definitely different, definitely darker, and definitely not two-tone.

If my Donington X6M would ever get here (ugh!), I would be able to see them up against the grey paint.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I has to be any day now. It's almost a month. Hang in there. I can't wait to read your review.
It got held up at the factory and has been "sent back to engineering" due to two unexplained noises that are now being investigated. Waiting for an updated ETA.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Better now than after you take delivery. I hope it comes in soon.
Right. That's my thought, too. Let them get it sorted out now... but quickly, please. I have needs. Ha.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That's a drag...not to brag but mine has left the rail depot in CA and should be in UT for me any day now. :)

So how does one get the winter wheel package with the "normal" color wheels? I don't like the dark color and it doesn't look good with black sapphire either...

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
So how does one get the winter wheel package with the "normal" color wheels? I don't like the dark color and it doesn't look good with black sapphire either...
I have no idea, because the "normal" color wheels was what I thought I was ordering. According to my parts guy, there is no color code or anything to indicate that the wheels that are part of the winter package are different.

·
Registered
24 Posts
i will inquire monday when i go to pick up the new ride. it's finally there now but i'm out of town… :mad:

21 - 40 of 62 Posts