BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a tough time deciding between the two vehicles. I have essentially narrowed down to the following vehicles. Both of the vehicles are 2016 and the color is estroil blue and have the m-sport package.

The 328xi has the following options:

ADAPTIVE M SUSPENSION
BLACK/DARK OYSTER, DAKOTA LEATHER UPHOLSTERY
COLD WEATHER PACKAGE
DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE
FINELINE ANTHRACITE WOOD TRIM W/PEARL GLOSS CHROME
HARMAN/KARDON SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM
M SPORT PACKAGE
PREMIUM PACKAGE
TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE

The 340xi has the above options except the adaptive m suspension.

The dealer is offering the 328xi for 51,500. The msrp on the 328xi is 54,870. The 340xi selling price is for 53,500. The msrp is 58,550. I have done a roughly lease calculation and it would be about $50 less in payments on the 328xi. I'm thinking that its worth the extra $50 for the bigger engine. Although the adaptive m suspension is nice as well. I apologize in advance because I did not provide lease terms as I am still in the process of negotiating those with the dealer.

In your opinion, which would you say is the better value? Also, do you think the selling prices are fair?

Thanks!

·
Registered
878 Posts
To me this is a no brainer, 340

·
Registered
148 Posts
Assuming the extra $50 per month isn't an issue to you, get the car you want. If the 328s power is sufficient (especially in sport mode) it has the adaptive m suspension. If you want the extra power of the 340, can you live without the adaptive m suspension? Btw, you'd be receiving s bigger % discount on the 340.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Hello all,

I have a tough time deciding between the two vehicles. I have essentially narrowed down to the following vehicles. Both of the vehicles are 2016 and the color is estroil blue and have the m-sport package.

The 328xi has the following options:

ADAPTIVE M SUSPENSION
BLACK/DARK OYSTER, DAKOTA LEATHER UPHOLSTERY
COLD WEATHER PACKAGE
DRIVER ASSISTANCE PACKAGE
FINELINE ANTHRACITE WOOD TRIM W/PEARL GLOSS CHROME
HARMAN/KARDON SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM
M SPORT PACKAGE
PREMIUM PACKAGE
TECHNOLOGY PACKAGE

The 340xi has the above options except the adaptive m suspension.

The dealer is offering the 328xi for 51,500. The msrp on the 328xi is 54,870. The 340xi selling price is for 53,500. The msrp is 58,550. I have done a roughly lease calculation and it would be about $50 less in payments on the 328xi. I'm thinking that its worth the extra $50 for the bigger engine. Although the adaptive m suspension is nice as well. I apologize in advance because I did not provide lease terms as I am still in the process of negotiating those with the dealer.

In your opinion, which would you say is the better value? Also, do you think the selling prices are fair?

Thanks!
This is a harder decision than it looks, because the adaptive M suspension makes the X drive cars drive more sporty. You really really need to drive both and see if the bigger engine is worth the more floaty suspension. Some people cant stand it (floaty x drive suspension), and adaptive M does make it "sportier".

If it were me, I would get an X drive 340 with adaptive M suspension (thus not either of those two cars)... but if for some reason I HAD to have one of those two cars only, and I HAD to have x drive, I would take the 328 and negotiate better on it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 2015 328ix with no adaptive m suspension and I just put the car in sport when I want a sportier drive, also changes the gearing so the car has more pep. Out of the two cars you are considering the 340 sounds like a better deal and you can always put it into sport or sport plus mode when you want a sportier setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Porleau
1,537 Posts
FYI: This thread is over a year old - I'm sure this has been resolved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts