BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2016 435i convertible hardtop. due to heavy rains in the northwest my 2 drains in the trunk clogged and flooded my trunk area where the amp and power top motor are. I took it to the BMW dealership as I have the original manufacture's warranty and a extended warranty. The service department informed me it would cost $10,400 to fix and both warranty's do not cover this, but the fix is to drill larger holes so it does not happen again which makes no sense as they are altering a defect in the design of the car to correct the problem.
Anyone else have this problem? and did your warranty cover it or under goodwill?
Thanks in advance!
Brian

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 119K miles NOKIAN WR G3 30K miles
23,732 Posts
I have a 2016 435i convertible hardtop. due to heavy rains in the northwest my 2 drains in the trunk clogged and flooded my trunk area where the amp and power top motor are. I...
Anyone else have this problem? and did your warranty cover it or under goodwill?
Thanks in advance!
Brian
More likely the drains have long been clogged but not enough rain to notice.

It is a common problem and your liability is at the high end but not unheard of. I inspect my electronic compartments weekly for any sign of wetness. I check my sunroof drains clear annually.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.