BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so obviously on a 2016 f30 it's not really the "golf tee mod" but I want to know if the alternative (the plug in the trunk) will work on my 16 320i or if some one could tell me how to do it. I can't find it anywhere for a 320i so I'm guessing you can't do it.

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
Okay, so obviously on a 2016 f30 it's not really the "golf tee mod" but I want to know if the alternative (the plug in the trunk) will work on my 16 320i or if some one could tell me how to do it. I can't find it anywhere for a 320i so I'm guessing you can't do it.
Lack of back pressure will cut torque at lower rpm. Is that what you want?

Or [this]?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well to be honest with you the low rpm torque sucks terribly already, the car is pretty weak. I can't tune or anything because of my warranty

·
Registered
301 Posts
Well to be honest with you the low rpm torque sucks terribly already, the car is pretty weak. I can't tune or anything because of my warranty
lol who said that? Tune away my friend, tune away, 3 years later, you'll be fine. Just dont go overboard.

it only takes about $1000 to get up to 328 speed and then some...

good luck

Do not do the GolF Tee Mod, that is just pathetic...

·
Freedom isn't free!!
19,817 Posts
:tsk: Yeah, 200 lb-ft of torque at 1,250 rpms is just sad. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
lol who said that? Tune away my friend, tune away, 3 years later, you'll be fine. Just dont go overboard.

it only takes about $1000 to get up to 328 speed and then some...

good luck

Do not do the GolF Tee Mod, that is just pathetic...
Tune invalidates mfg's warranty for any issue resulting from tune. BMW routinely disallows warranty for tuned turbo issues. Don't believe issue was tune related? Prove it....ug!

·
Pedant and Curmudgeon
6,205 Posts
A 320i has a single exhaust tip. There is not a flapper because of that, so no golf tee mod.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts