BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at MY16 M3s with Exec Pkg, Lighting Pkg, Driver assistance plus and the double clutch transmission.

I'm not sure about adaptive suspension vs not. Can anyone advise?

What about extended vs full leather? I like the look of the leather dash but not if its high maintenance to keep from drying out.

Also - is the enhanced integration worthwhile?

How much off MSRP should I expect to be able to negotiate on a 16?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
Looking at MY16 M3s with Exec Pkg, Lighting Pkg, Driver assistance plus and the double clutch transmission.

I'm not sure about adaptive suspension vs not. Can anyone advise?

What about extended vs full leather? I like the look of the leather dash but not if its high maintenance to keep from drying out.

Also - is the enhanced integration worthwhile?

How much off MSRP should I expect to be able to negotiate on a 16?

I really like the adaptive suspension on my M4 on 2017 it comes standard that should tell you how BMW feels about it. I didn't get full leather because I didn't care to maintain it like I already have to do with my leather seats. Good luck

·
Registered
24 Posts
Love the full leather. Makes the interior look complete and really adds to it. Leather Masters makes some great products. My car never sits outside so I don't mind the leather care. Even so, id still go with full. Routine maintenance will alleviate any drying. I got all the options and CCB's. Wouldn't change a thing.

JAZ

·
Registered
497 Posts

I'm not sure about adaptive suspension vs not. Can anyone advise? - Yes. After riding in one with out and mine no question adaptive is the way to go.

What about extended vs full leather? I like the look of the leather dash but not if its high maintenance to keep from drying out. It's all about proper maintenance. Using a frequent leather conditioner with SPFxx or a leather sealant will help it look brand new. I didnt opt for this feature but I wish I did.

Also - is the enhanced integration worthwhile? - 2017's include this with the executive package

How much off MSRP should I expect to be able to negotiate on a 16? - 5% for ED pricing guide is attached below but right now the demand for the M4 is pretty high compared to last year. I wouldn't expect many dealers to budge a lot.

You buying used or in stock? The 2017s are about to be available for order. Comments in bold.

M3/4 pricing
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/att...1&d=1465663997

Ordering guide

Absolute base M3 = $64,000
ED price = $60,800

Changes:
2017 BMW M3 Sedan.

Changes to the standard equipment:
Adaptive M Suspension now standard.
iDrive 5.0.

Lines and Package changes:
Executive Package now includes Wireless Charging and Wi-Fi Hotspot with Enhanced USB and Bluetooth.
Competition Package no longer includes Adaptive M Suspension.

Optional Equipment now includes:
Individual Extended Merino Leather including Leather Dashboard is now available.
Individual Metallic Paint is now offered.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You buying used or in stock? The 2017s are about to be available for order. Comments in bold.

M3/4 pricing

Ordering guide

ED price = $60,800

Changes:

2017 BMW M3 Sedan.

iDrive 5.0.

Executive Package now includes Wireless Charging and Wi-Fi Hotspot with Enhanced USB and Bluetooth.

Individual Extended Merino Leather including Leather Dashboard is now available.

Looking at new stock. I'd like to get a MY 17 but my CA is telling me the MY 17 maintenance package includes only oil changes. I have a problem having to pay separately for cabin filters, etc over the first four years. On my last two cars - both Volvos with 5/60 S&S the maintenance packages allowed me to avoid spending a big chunk of money. Only costs were gas and tires.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Looking at new stock. I'd like to get a MY 17 but my CA is telling me the MY 17 maintenance package includes only oil changes. I have a problem having to pay separately for cabin filters, etc over the first four years. On my last two cars - both Volvos with 5/60 S&S the maintenance packages allowed me to avoid spending a big chunk of money. Only costs were gas and tires.

You might find the following post, which details the differences between 2016 maintenance and 2017 maintenance helpful if you have not seen it:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/8899...-to-3-years-36k-miles-and-brakes-for-my-2017/

(btw, cabin filters are covered in both, and its not just "oil changes" that are covered under the new plan).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

M3/4 pricing

Ordering guide

ED price = $60,800

Changes:

2017 BMW M3 Sedan.

iDrive 5.0.

The links don't seem to work for me. Truecar is saying about $3k or 3.3% below MSRP. Sounds a bit low though I'm sure these cars are in demand. I got about 9% off msrp on my X5 pretty quickly.

What are people here paying?

Also - my local dealer seems to have found a 2016 car with everything I want. How are inter dealer transports handled and are they complimentary?

·
IntarWeb Stalker
10,068 Posts
I did ed and paid 2k over ed. M3 is a bit tougher due to lower allocation. M4s seem to go for 500 over invoice

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
BMW has not been selling leather dashes in large numbers for too long, so I don't think we have much to go on. I have a four year old Porsche with full leather and it seems to be holding up well, and I'm not fanatical about leather maintenance. I've ordered my M3 with full leather with the expectation of durability, but mine will be garaged and not daily-driven.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The model year 2017s may come with less free maintenance, but you might balance this against having a car that's one model year newer, and therefore worth more money.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The model year 2017s may come with less free maintenance, but you might balance this against having a car that's one model year newer, and therefore worth more money.
I'm seeing a lot of pricing $2k below MSRP on 16s and one dealer offering slightly more. The customer advisors and sales managers seem to be annoyed that someone is trying to negotiate on an M3. One CA told me a deal of more than 2k off MSRP isn't worth his time.

Given where we are in the MY cycle and the fact that there really does not seem to be a shortage of 16 M3s I'd expect much more aggressive pricing.

Maybe that will change once the 17s start showing up.

I spoke with a dealer today who told me he has a build slot for a 17 in two weeks and can still customize.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are not a lot of M3s here in SoCal, it all depends on what options, one dealer told me they do not discount M as much as the standard models do to supply and demand, they look to a few models to make a higher profit

·
Banned
10,015 Posts
I'm seeing a lot of pricing $2k below MSRP on 16s and one dealer offering slightly more. The customer advisors and sales managers seem to be annoyed that someone is trying to negotiate on an M3. One CA told me a deal of more than 2k off MSRP isn't worth his time.
Well, you should smile warmly and agree with your CA that no discount may be the way to go. Wish him a very nice day.

He'll call you day or two later, adjusted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well, you should smile warmly and agree with your CA that no discount may be the way to go. Wish him a very nice day.

He'll call you day or two later, adjusted.
I picked up a 2016 from another dealer for just below invoice. Dealer wanted to move the car quickly to make room.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts