BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took advantage of the insane July residual to get into a M5 yesterday. I live in Dallas and have been going down to BMW of Beaumont (near Houston) since 2008 when I caught the BMW bug. My CA is Sebastian Olszewski who has been awesome over the years - responsive, fair in pricing, and straight up.

My car ended up being one in stock:

- Carbon black with black interior
- Comp package
- Exec Package
- Driver Assistance Plus
- Dealer had VDC add: Performance Exhaust ($7,845), Carbon Fiber Exhaust Tips ($1600), Black Grills

MSRP was 129K
I got 12% off
Base money factor + 7 MSDs
67% residual :yikes:

The car is an animal - my first M car and it will take some getting use to. Feels so raw and visceral coming from a 535. One issue I noticed after delivery was a rattle on the right rear exhaust under certain upshift / downshift conditions. Taking it to my local dealer to take care of on Thursday.

Bottom line: thankful for being able to pull this off; my Dad (who is not alive and was a huge car fan) is probably smiling down on his immigrant son, who moved to US, with nothing back in 1988, driving an M5 today:D

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Can you share the monthly payment?

I had a 2008 M5 - awesome car - enjoy!
PM'ed you the info. Here are a couple of pictures - not great but your standard stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Anyone please help I got a 528i 2000 just put a serpentine belt and used alternater on now when start car all dash warning lights come and car goes limp stalls and temp gauge is on red even though car is just started and can't possibly be hot I need some help any suggestions

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone please help I got a 528i 2000 just put a serpentine belt and used alternater on now when start car all dash warning lights come and car goes limp stalls and temp gauge is on red even though car is just started and can't possibly be hot I need some help any suggestions
Start a new thread or post on the correct forum; unlikely to get the right traffic on this thread.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
PM'ed you the info. Here are a couple of pictures - not great but your standard stuff.
Interest on the monthly payment too, could you please PM me? :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats man, sweet ride. Lets get more of a full frontal shot :-D

Also how did you get 67% resid? I thought 66 was the highest possible on all 3s for July/August?

And yes, I'm sure your dad would be proud!

·
6 RINGS
8,457 Posts
Congrats man, sweet ride. Lets get more of a full frontal shot :-D

Also how did you get 67% resid? I thought 66 was the highest possible on all 3s for July/August?

And yes, I'm sure your dad would be proud!
5 series residuals for july were 36/10 67 24/10 is 73 i believe.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Sounds like a really nice ride, my fellow DFWite. But why so secretive about the payment amount? I suppose I could calculate it myself (est. $950 before taxes/fees). However, I'm more interested in if you had to pay full sales tax or were you able to get any credits from BMWFS.

My lease is up end of year and am thinking maybe an M car.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like a really nice ride, my fellow DFWite. But why so secretive about the payment amount? I suppose I could calculate it myself (est. $950 before taxes/fees). However, I'm more interested in if you had to pay full sales tax or were you able to get any credits from BMWFS.

My lease is up end of year and am thinking maybe an M car.
Ha ha ha! No reason for being secretive - I assumed it was crass to share monthly payments. Yes it is $950 ish. I did pay the taxes and TTL upfront. Probably should have rolled the taxes into my monthly payment but had cash lying around so took care of it and appeased my better half with a 3 figure monthly payment :D

The residuals for month of July on a 10K, 36 month lease for M5s is definitely 67% - INSANE! I am not sure if this continued for August or not.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jelly of all these cheap M5 leases lol
Should have never looked at the M5 board and found out about the 67% residual - once that was in my head, I was like a dog with a fantastic bone - UGH.

·
6 RINGS
8,457 Posts
Should have never looked at the M5 board and found out about the 67% residual - once that was in my head, I was like a dog with a fantastic bone - UGH.
Kicking myself. Should have known better. Went through this envy last year seeing 750s going for 25k off.then seeing i8's go for under 1k couple months ago.

·
East Coast Commuter
4,620 Posts
If one is going to get an M5, now is the time. You did well. Enjoy the car.

Kicking myself. Should have known better. Went through this envy last year seeing 750s going for 25k off.then seeing i8's go for under 1k couple months ago.
Don't kick yourself. The next time a killer deal comes along, then move off the fence and make it happen. I did just that when I ordered my M4.....60% residual for 15k miles a year was as good as it gets so I bit the bullet and got one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts