3521 - 3540 of 3576 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
new to everything BMW

I just became the accidental (and excited!) owner of a 2009 335i drop top. Can you kindly direct me to the best instructions for updating my aged maps/software? I look forward to learning (and driving!) :thumbup:

vielen dank!

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
I just became the accidental (and excited!) owner of a 2009 335i drop top. Can you kindly direct me to the best instructions for updating my aged maps/software? I look forward to learning (and driving!) :thumbup:

vielen dank!
PM sent.

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
After spending days searching I can't find any maps for ANZ Motion used in my 2010 X1:cry:. Is anyone able to help? Please
PM sent.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I purchased maps with an fsc code to update the 2009 maps in my 2010 328i convertible. They are downloaded to a usb and the update repeatedly fails at 79.8% complete. I expect that this is because I have old firmware on my car, which was manufactured Nov 2009. How can I get the 2020 maps on my car?

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
Hi, I purchased maps with an fsc code to update the 2009 maps in my 2010 328i convertible. They are downloaded to a usb and the update repeatedly fails at 79.8% complete. I expect that this is because I have old firmware on my car, which was manufactured Nov 2009. How can I get the 2020 maps on my car?
CIC firmware must be updated.

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
Thanks. So it won't work to burn new maps onto DVDs either?

Can I update the firmware myself, if so where do I get the file? The BMW website says my car is up to date.
No. DVD would fail at same spot. Must update firmware.

"BMW website" is for Bluetooth Updates only, not entire Head Unit firmware update.

To Flash E-Series CIC, you need ICOM Interface, WinKFP, and latest 67.1 SP-Daten files, and car must be on a commercial grade charger, good for 50+ Amps continuous.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No. DVD would fail at same spot. Must update firmware.

"BMW website" is for Bluetooth Updates only, not entire Head Unit firmware update.

To Flash E-Series CIC, you need ICOM Interface, WinKFP, and latest 67.1 SP-Daten files, and car must be on a commercial grade charger, good for 50+ Amps continuous.
That's beyond my skills and equipment, so I guess I need to work with the dealer.

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Recently picked up a 2009 325i M Sport here in Japan. Lots to learn about this car and am reading many forums to learn what I can. Owners manuals all in Japanese - So will be looking for an English set.
My navigation is hit or miss. Car came with S609 option.
99% of the time the NAVIGATION and MAP option is greyed out BUT I can occasionally access the nav by clicking the BACK button on the iDrive. I tried the hard reset and voila the options were no longer greyed out. BUT this only lasted for 5 mins then turned grey. I tried this 4 or 5 times with the same result. I was able to my map version: 01.00.0010 Road Map Japan PREMIUM 2008. Needless to say it needs a major update! I did read on one forum there could be an issue inside the unit (bad soldering??) that contributes to this issue. Any way look ing ofr any insight on this AND how to update the MAPS to the latest version if possible. Any help and info greatly appreciated....Cheers, Phil

3521 - 3540 of 3576 Posts