BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

3541 - 3560 of 3576 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
Recently picked up a 2009 325i M Sport here in Japan. Lots to learn about this car and am reading many forums to learn what I can. Owners manuals all in Japanese - So will be looking for an English set.
My navigation is hit or miss. Car came with S609 option.
99% of the time the NAVIGATION and MAP option is greyed out BUT I can occasionally access the nav by clicking the BACK button on the iDrive. I tried the hard reset and voila the options were no longer greyed out. BUT this only lasted for 5 mins then turned grey. I tried this 4 or 5 times with the same result. I was able to my map version: 01.00.0010 Road Map Japan PREMIUM 2008. Needless to say it needs a major update! I did read on one forum there could be an issue inside the unit (bad soldering??) that contributes to this issue. Any way look ing ofr any insight on this AND how to update the MAPS to the latest version if possible. Any help and info greatly appreciated....Cheers, Phil
PM sent.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Recently picked up a 2009 325i M Sport here in Japan. Lots to learn about this car and am reading many forums to learn what I can. Owners manuals all in Japanese - So will be looking for an English set.
My navigation is hit or miss. Car came with S609 option.
99% of the time the NAVIGATION and MAP option is greyed out BUT I can occasionally access the nav by clicking the BACK button on the iDrive. I tried the hard reset and voila the options were no longer greyed out. BUT this only lasted for 5 mins then turned grey. I tried this 4 or 5 times with the same result. I was able to my map version: 01.00.0010 Road Map Japan PREMIUM 2008. Needless to say it needs a major update! I did read on one forum there could be an issue inside the unit (bad soldering??) that contributes to this issue. Any way look ing ofr any insight on this AND how to update the MAPS to the latest version if possible. Any help and info greatly appreciated....Cheers, Phil
Not sure if this will help, but free maps and upload details for most of the models are shown on the GT Owners FB Page - I've tried to put the link directly to the FB Post below, hope it works! :)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/BMW3.5.6.GT/search/?query=navigation updates&epa=SEARCH_BOX

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Shawn, it's been about 6 years since my last update with you.
What's the lastest update for CIC 2011 328i E92 in North America? TIA

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
Hey Shawn, it's been about 6 years since my last update with you.
What's the lastest update for CIC 2011 328i E92 in North America? TIA
Latest is North America PREMIUM 2020. PM sent.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Shawn, I have a 2009 335i E92. I'd love to get the latest North America maps. Thanks for all you do here. I'm sure we all appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
Hi Shawn, I have a 2009 335i E92. I'd love to get the latest North America maps. Thanks for all you do here. I'm sure we all appreciate it.
PM sent.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2012 335i coupe, I purchased an update from here a few years ago and it never updated correctly. I know you had to send it to me twice then. I could use an update please.

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
I have a 2012 335i coupe, I purchased an update from here a few years ago and it never updated correctly. I know you had to send it to me twice then. I could use an update please.
PM sent.

·
Premium Member
40,898 Posts
3541 - 3560 of 3576 Posts