Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Premium Member
39,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017 Navigation Map Updates (Updated)

2016 Navigation Map Updates are starting to be released.

Available now are the following 2016 Maps:

North America PREMIUM 2016-1 (CIC Systems)

North America NEXT 2016-1 (NBT Systems)

North America ROUTE 2016-1 (ENTRYNAV Systems)

A VIN Specific 2016 Map FSC Coded is needed to install a new map.

If you want to update, and need both FSC Code and Map, I have an excellent source.

PM me for details.

·
Premium Member
39,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
New 2016 Map releases of interest:

- Road Map North America MOVE 2016
- Road Map Europe MOVE 2016

No, there are no other 2016 Europe Maps released yet besides MOVE 2016.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2016 Navigation Map Updates are starting to be released.

Available now are the following 2016 Maps:

North America PREMIUM 2016-1 (CIC Systems)

North America NEXT 2016-1 (NBT Systems)

North America ROUTE 2016-1 (ENTRYNAV Systems)

A VIN Specific 2016 Map FSC Coded is needed to install a new map.

If you want to update, and need both FSC Code and Map, I have an excellent source.

PM me for details.
Hi,

I am new to this board.

i am searching for west europe premium cic 2016 maps with fsc code.

Can you help me out?

Thank you

·
Premium Member
39,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Hi,

I am new to this board.

i am searching for west europe premium cic 2016 maps with fsc code.

Can you help me out?

Thank you
Europe PREMIUM 2015-2 is latest.

PM sent.

·
Premium Member
39,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New 2016 Map releases of interest:

- Road Map Europe PREMIUM 2016-1
- Road Map Europe NEXT 2016-1

·
AKA"Califorinadaddy"
137 Posts
What do I need in order to update the map in my 2008 535I?

·
Premium Member
39,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
39,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
39,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
39,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've got a 525d 2004 with the ccc system how do I upgrade this. New to bmw navigation
For CCC, you just need to get a copy of North America Professional 2015 (last release) and burn to DVD. CCC does not need FSC Code to install.

·
Registered
2 Posts
shawnsheridan - you seem to know about the 5 series map issues. Here's mine. Want to update to latest map. I have a DVD-CCC disc 2008.1 from Navteq. I purchased a 2 disc set today from BMW dealer and it didn't work. I had the guys come out and look / try - no luck. They didn't seem to know exactly what the reason was, but it varied from the need for a new DVD-ROM head unit ($135) to read the new discs (?) or the new Tom Tom based maps don't work with my system/year.
(2008 535Xi). When I load new discs, the messages simply states 'load navigation disc' or something like that. I would love to upgrade to newer maps/poi's - any suggestions? (I saw some PM replies earlier, so I'm intrigued!) Thanks in advance!!!

·
Premium Member
39,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shawnsheridan - you seem to know about the 5 series map issues. Here's mine. Want to update to latest map. I have a DVD-CCC disc 2008.1 from Navteq. I purchased a 2 disc set today from BMW dealer and it didn't work. I had the guys come out and look / try - no luck. They didn't seem to know exactly what the reason was, but it varied from the need for a new DVD-ROM head unit ($135) to read the new discs (?) or the new Tom Tom based maps don't work with my system/year.
(2008 535Xi). When I load new discs, the messages simply states 'load navigation disc' or something like that. I would love to upgrade to newer maps/poi's - any suggestions? (I saw some PM replies earlier, so I'm intrigued!) Thanks in advance!!!
If car can read currently installed 2008 OEM Map DVD's, then there is nothing wrong with DVD Player. The new ones should work. So, either the DVD's purchased are bad, or CCC needs to be programed to get newer firmware, You can download North America PROFESSIONAL 2015 Map and burn your own DVD's and see if they work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
shawnsheridan, I wish/hope you are right. When the 1st set discs didn't work, I went in & told the Techs & they came out & verified as such. Went back in & they gave me another, brand new, shrink wrapped disc set to try & the same thing happened (unable to read). The disc looked pristine. Not sure what the CCC indicator means, but not sure what these new discs had on them, if any. I'm going to attach 2 photos of the discs & package just in case that's helpful. 2 items you mentioned - 1: CCC programming to allow for firmware upgrade? 2: how how I would go about 'downloading' North America Professional 2015 maps? Appreciate your help/input!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
shawnsheridan, I wish/hope you are right. When the 1st set discs didn't work, I went in & told the Techs & they came out & verified as such. Went back in & they gave me another, brand new, shrink wrapped disc set to try & the same thing happened (unable to read). The disc looked pristine. Not sure what the CCC indicator means, but not sure what these new discs had on them, if any. I'm going to attach 2 photos of the discs & package just in case that's helpful. 2 items you mentioned - 1: CCC programming to allow for firmware upgrade? 2: how how I would go about 'downloading' North America Professional 2015 maps? Appreciate your help/input!
I do not need pictures. If two new sets failed, then I doubt it is DVD, which means car would have to be programmed by dealer or CCC Flashed.

PM sent.

1 - 20 of 303 Posts