BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
US F3x LCI with FLE have motor, but lack lens shutter to shape beam pattern. No coding can overcome missing hardware.
But some people have been able to code it on their US models. The LED headlight doesn't use a shutter. The shadowing tunnel is done by LED bulbs turning off.

·
Registered
413 Posts
But some people have been able to code it on their US models. The LED headlight doesn't use a shutter. The shadowing tunnel is done by LED bulbs turning off.

That's more the exception than the rule with the reflector LED's. Only Pre-LCI 3er, 4er, and the 3 up X Models don't have shutters. The beam pattern for the outer high beam chamber always has a distinct vertical cutoff and they simply swivel apart to split in conjunction with the inner chamber turning off. 5/6/7er do in fact have shutters though they aren't the same as what one is familiar with from a Bi-Xenon Projector, but rather micro optics embedded into the smart glass enclosing the array. Dimming the diodes in parallel creates a huge amount of heat so this allows beam shaping without that issue. Unfortunately as the pictures a few posts up show, the COB on US F30 LCI are of a different type altogether (Oslon Flat Black) rather than the Oslon Headlamp Without smart glass optics as found in the pre-LCI nor have matrix circuitry.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Has it been confirmed or denied the US spec headlight does not have the micro shutter on the 552 Adaptive LED light?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Anyone from Europe, can you take the pictures to compare the optics?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
So the F80 has this working, anyone working on the F30 LCI?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
But even then has the coding been sorted out? I am thinking of ordering those headlights.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
So as of now, we know the headlight part number is different, but no one has posted a pic of the Euro LED chips to see if they are different from the US spec

·
Registered
163 Posts
So as of now, we know the headlight part number is different, but no one has posted a pic of the Euro LED chips to see if they are different from the US spec
Have you tried coding your car for NGHB as per the pre-LCI procedures?

I will be coded by my car exactly how the pre-LCIs are coded and come to my conclusion.

141 - 160 of 163 Posts