BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm new to the forums, and decided to sign up since I am interested in leasing my first BMW. I'd love to get feedback from the community, as I share my lease details. I.E. do numbers sound reasonable?

I'm looking to lease a 2017 440i vert. My CA called me today, and informed me that residual were just released at 57% . He expects it to increase 3% by September. MF at .00165

Let me know your thoughts. Especially regarding the MF. That seems high to me.

Thanks!

·
6 RINGS
8,457 Posts
Hello all, I'm new to the forums, and decided to sign up since I am interested in leasing my first BMW. I'd love to get feedback from the community, as I share my lease details. I.E. do numbers sound reasonable?

I'm looking to lease a 2017 440i vert. My CA called me today, and informed me that residual were just released at 57% . He expects it to increase 3% by September. MF at .00165

Thanks!
Your MF is marked up, where are you located?

·
1oz perception-1# obscure
3,618 Posts
Go check out the Ask-A-Dealer forum here, there is plenty of "rate my deal" activity there. There are also many Bimmerfest Sponsors who are dealers. Many provide invoice-plus pricing and are transparent about things like Money Factor markup. These guys deal in volume and you don't have to visit the dealership until you pick up your car. There are a couple in LA; if I were in PHX I'd look at that option.

·
3,618 Posts
I also recommend downloading an app called Leasematic. It's a lease calculator and learning how to use it sort of forces you to become familiar with all of the various levers the dealer can use to shape a deal. It's good exercise.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts

Thanks!
Hi,

Welcome to Bimmerfest

There is a ton of good information on bimmerfest that will help you achieve your goal of a 440 vert, if you want to get one.

First, I recommend looking in the ask a dealer section of the forums here, and looking at one of the sticky threads up top that says 2017 pricing. In that thread, there is a formula to calculate the dealer invoice for any car you are looking at.

Note that the dealer invoice pricing has increased some on 2017s vs 2016s (dealer invoice is higher so car cost them more money than 2016, but if they hit certain targets they have potential to make that money back on the "bacl end")

After you copy down the dealer invoice formula calculation, build your car on BMWUSA site as you desire it, and calculate the invoice on it so you know where the dealer stands on it.

After you do both of those, I recommend thinking about getting a quote from one of our bimmerfest sponsor dealers. Greg Poland (pacific bmw) does out of state business, and AZ is close "enough" that you could theoretically just come out here to pick up the car and have a nice drive home.

Bimmerfest sponsors are not always the absolute cheapest (Although many times they are that as well), but they are all VERY experienced, and also will tell you straight up what can and cant be done, and by when. Since you will likely be ordering your car if you are looking at a 2017, its important to know things like do they have an allocation slot, when it is, etc etc. You want an experienced CA if you are ordering.

If you choose to deal local, now that you have the invoice cost for your build, you can make an offer to your local dealer. There are usually threads in the ask a dealer section of our board here that state what the base money factor for tier 1 credit is for any particular month (tier 1 credit is 675+ in bmw land). The base money factor can be marked up .00040 by the dealer. Please note, while many here feel that this is somehow an affront by the dealer, its not... its just business. The money factor is negotiable and its our job to negotiate it.

This month, the money factor for tier 1 credit is .00137 to .00177 (negotiable between you and the dealer). Your current offer does not have the maximum markup, but is marked up. Sometimes dealers have a policy where they will not go to the base money factor. Thats ok, if they lower the price of the car enough to compensate.

Since you have the leasematic app already, I am going to make an assumption that you are somewhat familiar with leasing. There is an excellent thread on leasing in the ask a dealer section of the board with a sticky up top. You might want to give it a once over anyway, as it is VERY good at explaining everything.

In BMW land, the residuals are NON negotiable. They are set by BMW by model, and they are what they are. They do tend to change around every month, and a lot of times have no bearing on reality. You would expect 2017 residuals to be higher than 2016s (because a 2017 car should be worth more than a 2016, in 3 years) but they are not. This is because BMW inflates residuals to drive sales on cars / product lines they want to sell.

2016 5 series residuals are EXTREMELY high right now, because there is about to be a model change for example. 3 Series residuals are also VERY high, while 4 series are not quite as high. BMW obviously wants to move a lot of 3s and 5s right now, so those residuals are out of whack.

Its only an issue if you are thinking about buying your car at the end of the lease, since the residual will not reflect the market value of your car. Of course, you can negotiate the buyout at that time if you choose to do that too.

....errr I am running on, sorry. Waiting for an appointment that is running late, and just sitting here typing away, lol. In any case, welcome again and good luck! Once you have a specific set of numbers you want help with, post them in the rate my deal thread and someone will normally take a look at it and help you out if you want.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great info jjrandorin! Much appreciated.

I actually ended up getting in touch with Greg Poland after Will's suggestion to contact a sponsor.

Very nice info though. Basically a summary of what I have been reading throughout the forums for the past couple of weeks. :)

Thank you!

·
3,618 Posts
I actually ended up getting in touch with Greg Poland after Will's suggestion to contact a sponsor.
I have no reason to advertise for Greg, but since you found him on your own I'll say that I think he is the right guy for someone in Arizona looking to do a sponsor deal out of state. Best luck with the deal.

·
BMW Snow Plow User
2,233 Posts
Generally BMW residuals can shoot up dramatically in September or October. On select vehicles. Being flexible on what you want is a big advantage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts