BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 2017 BMW diesels slated for the USA market recently received their emissions certification from the EPA. Because of VW's cheating on emissions tests, the EPA did a lot of extra testing on the 2017 BMW diesel models under real world driving conditions to verify no cheating was involved...and they passed! Meanwhile, VW has not yet applied for EPA certification of any TDI models for 2017...and probably won't.

http://www.autonews.com/article/20160802/OEM11/160809937/2017-bmw-diesel-vehicles-approved-by-epa

BMW appears to be committed to offering diesel cars in the USA for the foreseeable future. :thumbup:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Good to know! I still don't know if the VW scandal has made my 328d something worth something or in the end valueless.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 100K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
18,232 Posts
Our BMW's value post-dieselgate is balanced by the TAKATA airbag issue. It's a wash except to us owners.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Air bag issue fairly widespread among many car manufacturers. I can't disagree trying to sell it would be harder until that is corrected though. Can't even schedule service due to lack of parts. I'm in the higher risk zone in terms of heat and humidity.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts