BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2017 bmw i3 pricing

KBB has awarded the 2017 BMW i3 a third place in their annaul Resale Value Awards electric vehicle category. Why is resale value important? Because no matter how much you love your BMW, at some point down the road you're going to want a new one. Having an i3 with a high resale value means you'll get that much more out of it when it comes time to sell it.

2017 BMW i3 KBB Projected Resale Value
  • at 36 months: 25.3%
  • at 60 months: 10.0%

At 5 years only 10% of the original value remains. The low number, next to other KBB categories comes from the unproven long term battery life of EVs. As a growing fleet of used EVs settling into the used market I think we'll see those numbers rebound.

BMW i3 takes 2nd place in Best Cars 2017 - Small Car Class

First place in the Resale Value Awards EV category went to the Chevey Bolt EV and the Mercedes B Class slotted in at second.

2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Resale Value
  • at 36 months: 29.5%
  • at 60 months: 17.5%

2017 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Resale Value
  • at 36 months: 25.0%
  • at 60 months: 12.0%

About the Best Resale Value Awards
2017 Kelley Blue Book Best Resale Value Awards are based on what KBB consider to be the best research and analysis process in the industry. The resale value projections take into account current vehicle data, sales data, market conditions for each vehicle, competition within vehicle segments, expectations of the future economy and the combined experience of Kelley Blue Book's team of market and pricing analysts.

Read more about the 2017 BMW i3 increased battery size

Source KBB.com

·
Found the Search Button
2018 330i F30
1,925 Posts
Ouch. That's great if you want to purchase a used i3 though. It's very tempting considering that despite the eventual battery replacement costs, you don't have an ICE to maintain and break.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Here in Southern California you can get a base level 2014 BEV i3 for well under $20K. There is one at a dealer (Long Beach BMW if I remember correctly) that is CPO at an asking price just under $17K.

I'm increasingly tempted to get one and drive it until it is no longer economically feasible to repair it. I'm a low milage driver who works at home so it would work for me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.