BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

I've finally pulled the plug and decided that I will be ordering a 2017 BMW M3 to replace my 2014 335i.

Timing is going to be tricky, especially with the limited allocationa dealers get for M3s. In essence, I order the car in November, then deploy, then pick the car up in March upon my return at their performance driving center!!!

Haven't decided on all the options, ESPECIALLY color, but it will ha e a full leather dash in either the white leather or the black, the CP, LED lights and the Executive Package. MOST i important is the 6spd manual :).

For those of you with the CP how are you liking it? I love the look of the rims and the seats and seatbelts, but the 20" rubber leaves an extremely short sidewall. Any issues with really bad tire noise? More harsh ride? I guess my biggest fear is punctures from potholes.

I can honestly say that I can't wait for this car to arrive! I love my 335i, but due to deployments, I had to accept a 98% solution which included an automatic . The M3 has always been my dream!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I won't own one for another couple months, but I've driven two CP M4s and the ride was fine, even in Sport and Sport+. I hit plenty of rough pavement, although not at speed (was on back roads with a dealer rep).

I also drove a non CP M4 with the standard suspension, and I'd say the CP suspension and 20" wheels isn't as rough as the base suspension with 19" wheels. Doesn't make sense to me, but that's how it felt.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me know how it goes. Not a big fan the Fort Walton BMW ZT Motors
I can understand that, I've been less than impressed with some of the staff. With that said, the salesman I went through (Tom Wilcox), has been amazing. I ordered my 335i with him back in 2014 and will be ordering the M3 through him in November.

Like I said, him and I need to time this carefully. For one, M3's are much harder to get than M4's since they make less of them. Another, I'll be deployed from November though February. As such, we are trying to time it so I pick the car up at the Performance Driving school a week after I get home.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Love the CP, and would definitely order it again. I understand your concerns about the wheels. The suspension was very supple during my european delivery, but German roads are sublime. Worst case scenario you can sell the 666s and put on 18s or 19s. You'll still get all the other nice bits.

GL!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts