BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to order a 2017 740 for ED this September. In review of the newly posted price guide, it would appear that the individual package ZI1 has become a great deal. Was $7100 for 2016 is now No Charge in 2017 when combined with some other options. And the 20" wheels are no charge as well. What was a $102345 (US MSRP) car in 2016 is $92695 now.

My original build is a 740i M-Sport, Carbon Black, Cognac Nappa, 20" M Wheels, Exec Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Top/Side Cameras, & AirPlay for $94245 (US MSRP).

Changing to the Individual, I have to remove the M-Sport, change the cold weather package to the Lux Seat Package (3500 more) add the Driver Assist Plus Pkg (1900) that I didn't want. The car prices at $92695.

The Indiv is $1550 less and I get the Full Merino Interior, Alcantara Headliner, Indiv Paint and 20" Indiv wheels. Plus the deluxe rear seats & tablet, and Driver Assist+.

Am I seeing this correctly? Seems too good to be true.

Am I giving up anything by not having the M-Sport other than the black trim on the side and the frt/rear lower facias?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm getting ready to order a 2017 740 for ED this September. In review of the newly posted price guide, it would appear that the individual package ZI1 has become a great deal. Was $7100 for 2016 is now No Charge in 2017 when combined with some other options. And the 20" wheels are no charge as well. What was a $102345 (US MSRP) car in 2016 is $92695 now.

My original build is a 740i M-Sport, Carbon Black, Cognac Nappa, 20" M Wheels, Exec Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Top/Side Cameras, & AirPlay for $94245 (US MSRP).

Changing to the Individual, I have to remove the M-Sport, change the cold weather package to the Lux Seat Package (3500 more) add the Driver Assist Plus Pkg (1900) that I didn't want. The car prices at $92695.

The Indiv is $1550 less and I get the Full Merino Interior, Alcantara Headliner, Indiv Paint and 20" Indiv wheels. Plus the deluxe rear seats & tablet, and Driver Assist+.

Am I seeing this correctly? Seems too good to be true.

Am I giving up anything by not having the M-Sport other than the black trim on the side and the frt/rear lower facias?
umm

the M-sport package allows for Individual interior. It is an extra $2100 instead of $4000. The Anthracite Alcantara headlinder is optional on the M-sport package ($1300+?)

the 20" wheels, if you are talking 21H REQUIRES ZMP (M-sport pkg). the other are for the Ind package and cannot be used on ZMP anyway.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a new price guide effective July 1, the Ind interior with M Sport $4450 and $5500 stand alone.

I'm aware that I can add the Ind interior and Alcantara headliner with M-Sport but the costs start adding up. As of now a ZI1 package appears to be a great deal. I'm trying to figure out if I really give anything up by not getting M. All I see is no chrome side trim and different 20" wheels.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Actually

the M-sport package no longer has 20" wheels only 19" (21G or 21F). The 21H that USED to be part of that package is now a Pri1 option. It still requires ZMP (M-sport) though (per page 7 of 10).

With that said, I would verify ZI1 as the list shows it as No charge, which makes ZERO sense since the Ind Leather alone is a $5500 option but NC with ZI1 (and ZI1 is showing NC???)? I highly doubt that is true.

·
Registered
166 Posts
There is a new price guide effective July 1, the Ind interior with M Sport $4450 and $5500 stand alone.

I'm aware that I can add the Ind interior and Alcantara headliner with M-Sport but the costs start adding up. As of now a ZI1 package appears to be a great deal. I'm trying to figure out if I really give anything up by not getting M. All I see is no chrome side trim and different 20" wheels.
ZI1 shows as zero on the build sheet but I'm guessing this is an error. Easy to sort out though when you place your order at your dealer I'm guessing it will pop up to the 7K'ish. I was torn originally wanting to do a full individual but dont think I'm willing to give up the M Sport and the 21H wheels as those are the ONLY wheels that I can see on this car.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
As a heads up, soimetimes you can negotiate with your dealer to swap your wheels with M sport wheels for free - especially on a lease since they'll get them back at the end. One of the dealers I leased a non-MSport at told me they had a room full of M Sport 20s, since so many get cracked from potholes etc that they always have a supply of replacements ready to go. Swapped the stock 19s for M 20s.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My dealer didn't have a clue about the change in Individual pricing for ZL1- I'm trying to put together a 2017 order and haven't had any luck yet. I was already planning on ordering ZDB, ZEC and ZLU so would save on the wheels, leather and paint. My guess is it acutally is $7100 and you get the wheels, leather and paint as a package for that price (2600+5500+1800). Other concern I had was on when Apple Car play was going to be in production- don't want to order too early to incorporate that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
My dealer didn't have a clue about the change in Individual pricing for ZL1- I'm trying to put together a 2017 order and haven't had any luck yet. I was already planning on ordering ZDB, ZEC and ZLU so would save on the wheels, leather and paint. My guess is it acutally is $7100 and you get the wheels, leather and paint as a package for that price (2600+5500+1800). Other concern I had was on when Apple Car play was going to be in production- don't want to order too early to incorporate that.
Yep - let us know ... I was told that an order any day in July would not be built with CarPlay.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts