BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Braintrust,

I present to you with this deal on a 2017 M3 that I started to negotiate today on a vehicle that has been sitting on the lot for 11 months.

Here are the particulars:

MSRP: $89,720
Selling Price: $79,375
Rebate: $3,000

MF: .00152
Residual: 60% ($53,832)

$0 sign and drive (I live in Virginia so we are taxed on the entire sales price up front; taxes are being rolled into the lease)

36 months 12k miles

$999 / month

I believe I can get them to lower the selling price even further as, again, this vehicle has been sitting on their lot for literally 11 months (December 2017 inspection sticker on the front windshield)

Your input on this deal would be greatly appreciated !!!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Braintrust,

I present to you with this deal on a 2017 M3 that I started to negotiate today on a vehicle that has been sitting on the lot for 11 months.

Here are the particulars:

MSRP: $89,720
Selling Price: $79,375
Rebate: $3,000

MF: .00152
Residual: 60% ($53,832)

$0 sign and drive (I live in Virginia so we are taxed on the entire sales price up front; taxes are being rolled into the lease)

36 months 12k miles

$999 / month

I believe I can get them to lower the selling price even further as, again, this vehicle has been sitting on their lot for literally 11 months (December 2017 inspection sticker on the front windshield)

Your input on this deal would be greatly appreciated !!!! :thumbup:
Since the car has been "sitting" for a year, how many miles are on the car? Has any service been done on the car? If yes, then the maintenance period (3yr/36k) has started and you have lost a year already. Could be a significant bargaining point.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since the car has been "sitting" for a year, how many miles are on the car? Has any service been done on the car? If yes, then the maintenance period (3yr/36k) has started and you have lost a year already. Could be a significant bargaining point.
Matthew.... all valid questions that I should have stated above.... I also have updates since my post as I just returned from the dealership.

The vehicle has 1011 miles on it. I will definitely inquire about its service since losing a year would absolutely throw me off of the car.

I've got them down to $924 / month for 36 months & 12k miles. I'll see if I can upload a pic of the window sticker.

Thanks for that question.... I didn't even think of that!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
since the car has been "sitting" for a year, how many miles are on the car? Has any service been done on the car? If yes, then the maintenance period (3yr/36k) has started and you have lost a year already. Could be a significant bargaining point.
IMG_3386.JPG

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
If it has 1000+ miles, who has been driving the car?? Certainly a lot more miles than juggling spots in the parking lot.

Test drive demo?? Has it been titled?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pretty awesome car!!

It hasn't been titled..... 1000 miles is test driving, taking to car shows, and the sales manager driving it from what I can gather....

After driving it again with my father, I am now torn between that M3 and the new M550i....

First world problems lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If it has 1000+ miles, who has been driving the car?? Certainly a lot more miles than juggling spots in the parking lot.

Test drive demo?? Has it been titled?

So, the vehicle has not been titled at all. Service start date is when I purchase the vehicle. The 1000 miles is from test drives, the sales manager occasionally driving it, and also because of the color and unique build out (carbon fiber add ons) it was driven to various charity and golf events around town.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
So, the vehicle has not been titled at all. Service start date is when I purchase the vehicle. The 1000 miles is from test drives, the sales manager occasionally driving it, and also because of the color and unique build out (carbon fiber add ons) it was driven to various charity and golf events around town.
Has ANY maintenance been done on the car? i believe there is an initial 1200 mile oil change, was this done?

As long as the dealership will put everything into writing and doesn't try to pull a fast one when the final documents are being signed, then sounds like a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has ANY maintenance been done on the car? i believe there is an initial 1200 mile oil change, was this done?

As long as the dealership will put everything into writing and doesn't try to pull a fast one when the final documents are being signed, then sounds like a pretty good deal.
I don't believe so, but will certainly find out before I pull the trigger.

I will specifically ask when the start and end date would be on this 2017 M3 vs purchasing a new 2018 M3. If the same, then this deal may be hard to walk away from....

Especially at $924 / month
36month / 12k miles
$0 down

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mileage

Sorry, call me a skeptic but I doubt very much that this car has an easy 1100 miles on it. Unless they can prove without a doubt that these were "easy" miles, I would assume that it was driven like a rental....

As such negotiate as such.

Thanks
Glenn

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry, call me a skeptic but I doubt very much that this car has an easy 1100 miles on it. Unless they can prove without a doubt that these were "easy" miles, I would assume that it was driven like a rental....

As such negotiate as such.

Thanks

Glenn
Thanks for responding, Glenn.

I completely understand your skepticism as I have my own, as well.

With too many questions and a couple of issues that arose for myself during a couple of more test drives (I think I indeed more space), I am actually now considering a 540 XDrive decked out in M performance parts like this:

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

With too many questions and a couple of issues that arose for myself during a couple of more test drives (I think I indeed more space), I am actually now considering a 540 XDrive decked out in M performance parts like this:

Id go for the M550 if you need the room....

·
Registered
319 Posts

I'm curious to see what they offer you on the 540

Sent from my SM-G950U using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 15 of 15 Posts