BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Vendor
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have a 2012 528 I, I need the updated maps not sure how to do this at all.
Will this help with the nav system, right now it doesn't let me finish address and numbers imputed . Very frustrating ...
If the system never lets you finish putting in the address then there might be something wrong with the nav software itself but if it's only some addresses it might be that they are not recognized, which our update would help with. We can't guarantee every address is updated but BMW releases two per year and they keep packing in more each release. If your maps are still from 2012 it should be a huge difference.

·
Vendor
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thank you . Can you send me information on how to get updated software and how to install?
You can use this link to purchase: https://www.bimmeramerica.com/coding/bmw-navigation-map-update

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did anyone get an error "address not in navigation data" after completing the update?
Now I get that error every time I start the car and I have to press OK to get rid of it.

·
Vendor
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Email us to trouble shoot.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I installed Map Update 2017-1 in my 2014 2 Series yesterday. Everything went very smoothly with very simple and clear instructions. I ordered the USB option and the entire update came on one USB drive. It took about 45 minutes. I will use this service again!!!!
I did the exact same thing the USB drive arrived today and I installed it with no problems within about 35-40 minutes. I had no issue at all with the udate and streets are apparing that were not available before. This includes my street which is in a new suddivision. There is no doubt I will do business with them again.

·
BimmerFreak
443 Posts
I still have 2013 version on my 535. What are the updates? like new look or 3D view? How is the navigation itself, faster? What are the benefits?

·
Spartanburg, SC native
109 Posts
Just updated maps (new roads, pois, etc.)

Although I found this info regarding the 2017-1 update:

Benefits Additional features such as the Falk Travel Guide, Guided Tours, 3D objects, 3D city models and satellite images (for cars from 09/2009) provide much useful information and amenities for your trip planning;

For the reception of the encrypted TMC-service BMW offers country-specific to a BMW Connected-Drive contract;

List of BMW Service;

POI database with 32 categories.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've got a question... I purchased the 2017-1 North America update for my 2014 X1 at the end of last year. My iDrive recently bit the dust and after being replaced the dealership is saying that the new one is not playing well with the update.

They told me that the car is only registered for the 2013 maps and that they have to reload those to get everything working (I guess BMW registration is something you get if you pay their ridiculous update price).

I just want to check with you guys to make sure it will be OK for me to reload the 2017 update I purchased once I get the car back from them.

·
Vendor
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I've got a question... I purchased the 2017-1 North America update for my 2014 X1 at the end of last year. My iDrive recently bit the dust and after being replaced the dealership is saying that the new one is not playing well with the update.

They told me that the car is only registered for the 2013 maps and that they have to reload those to get everything working (I guess BMW registration is something you get if you pay their ridiculous update price).

I just want to check with you guys to make sure it will be OK for me to reload the 2017 update I purchased once I get the car back from them.
Yeah when you update at a dealership they attach it to your account. "Not playing well" with the update is nonsense, they just don't want to load the new maps as part of the replacement since it's not in your account record.

After they finish everything you can reinstall the map update. Same code and files. It will work the same as when you initially installed the update.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yeah when you update at a dealership they attach it to your account. "Not playing well" with the update is nonsense, they just don't want to load the new maps as part of the replacement since it's not in your account record.

After they finish everything you can reinstall the map update. Same code and files. It will work the same as when you initially installed the update.
Thanks, I figured that was the case but just wanted to make sure :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great purchase - Great Service

Purchased the service with Thumb Drive support. On my second update since signing up. Could not be any easier. Glad I spent the extra few bucks and receive a thumb drive, plug in and update. Return envelope provided and all gets done within an hour. Very pleased.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nav Update

I recently ordered and installed updated navigation in my 2012 535i. It was simple and easy to complete using the USBs you supplied. Even an older, non-techy guy can do it. Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
All I can say is SWEET!!!!, received the USB, plugged it in, entered the password and went for a drive to pick up a Starbucks. By the time I got home, everything was updated (20 mins).

Thanks a million Tyler :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just installed 2017-2 update I purchased for my 2016 640i GC. I went with the USB to avoid any potential downloading problems. The update using the USB was very easy. Highly recommend Bimmer America.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts