BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
also just installed the 2017-2 update via USB.

Couldn't have been simpler; did it during my commute home tonight. From launch to completion was just under 40mins. Well worth the price of admission

·
2014 F10 535d
148 Posts
Ordered, received in 48 hours, plugged in USB, entered code, followed prompts, 36 minutes later navi updated to 2017-2! Could not have been easier, thanks Tyler!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did the update on my wife's 2011 528i and the update was completed in about 45 minutes without any problems. Will definitely use this method of update again!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Received the USB in 2 days and simply plugged it in punched in the code given and 30 minutes later completely finished. Excellent and convenient upgrade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 Maps Update

Great support from the team in getting my USB updates to me and making it about as easy as could be to install and return ship the USB device. Maps installation worked great. Also excellent email support from the team as we went through the whole process.
Highly recommend using them for your BMW maps update.

·
Registered
617 Posts
also just installed the 2017-2 update via USB.

Couldn't have been simpler; did it during my commute home tonight. From launch to completion was just under 40mins. Well worth the price of admission
So it's okay to let it update while moving?

Thanks

·
Vendor
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thanks for the reviews!

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great service to update the maps, did my 2011 535i xdrive in 45 minutes, super easy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great Service on NAV Update

I want to thank Tyler and the crew for all they did to get my 2017 NAV up and going.

I initially opted to download the maps online. For some reason, they did not download off my USB stick into the car.

I emailed Tyler, who promptly send me a stick to download. When I received the stick a day later the installation was seamless.

Tyler responds immediately to emails which is unheard of in this day and age of lackluster customer service.

If you need a NAV update Bimmer America are the go-to guys.

Jeff B.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Works as promised!

Just uploaded the update to my 2013 535i. Now I can see the latest roads! Got the thumb drive a couple of days after ordering and installed next time I took a long drive. Took 42 minutes, just as promised. Easy as pie. Only a couple of steps and then it installs itself.
Great product and great service!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Great service and product

I just wanted to take a minute and say thank you to Tyler. The nav update worked flawlessly. The process was straightforward (time consuming because of the amount of data to download but that's nothing to complain about). Directions were clear. One suggestion, use a different link for winrar extraction software. The provided link took me to a site where I had to complete surveys to get the free version so I just searched "winrar free" and downloaded it from cnet instead without issue. Maybe this was my screwup for not clicking in the right place.

I was updating from 2009 premium to 2017 and my FSC code was accepted without issue and the "in car" process took about 45 minutes. The downloads and extraction took two hours total. Far better than leaving the car at the bloodsucking dealership overnight. I have no idea how the update works but I can't wait to see if local changes to roads and highways have been included.

Thank you Tyler. Great customer service. You responded to my four or five emails quickly even though my questions were probably silly.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts