Vendor
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thanks for the reviews! Find all we have to offer at www.bimmeramerica.com

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
148 Posts
Installed via the USB drive option. Shipping was fast. Update was easy.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am very happy with the service.
I at first ordered the files then after seeing that it would be slightly more involved than I wanted to get into at the time I ordered the USB thumb drives and they arrived 2 days later I was shocked.

Installing the new maps was fool proof and took roughly 40 minutes. Car was left running the entire time no problems. Get Service!! They even included a mailer to ship the USB thumb drives back to them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just purchased a CPO 2014 535i XDrive from a local dealer in Wilmington, De. I am wondering if they installed the latest NAV maps when it went through it's inspection. It it typical for a dealer to update the navigation system after a lease turn in? Can I check on my I-drive to see what version a currently have installed before purchasing the USB? Thanks

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
You can check the maps version via idrive. Normally you have to pay for map upgrades so its doubtful they did it.

·
Vendor
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
I just purchased a CPO 2014 535i XDrive from a local dealer in Wilmington, De. I am wondering if they installed the latest NAV maps when it went through it's inspection. It it typical for a dealer to update the navigation system after a lease turn in? Can I check on my I-drive to see what version a currently have installed before purchasing the USB? Thanks
It's very unlikely they updated them. If you are on the navigation screen, select the "option" button on the idrive controller, then scroll to the bottom and it will tell you the map version.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the blazing fast response! I will check it out and report. I usually like to use my phone for navigation "WAZE" but it is nice to have it displayed on the dash and HUD while driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Map Update Extraction Problem - Resolved

I initially had difficulty extracting the files. It was frustrating. I use a iMac computer and used the following apps in an attempt to extract the files: Decompressor and Extractor apps for the Mac OS failed to completely extract the files. Yes, I followed the provided directions to the letter for the process. I moved to a Windows OS and tried RAR Opener, no success there either. Finally, I downloaded and used WinRAR - success! After that, everything went smoothly and my maps are updated and all works perfectly I let the folks at Bimmer America LLC know of my issues. Hopefully it was just operator error, though I hope future downloads can be extracted with Mac OS compatible systems. So in short, use the recommended WinRAR for downloads or spend the extra couple bucks and get the USB drive. If you do have any problems, the folks at Bimmer were great.

·
Vendor
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks for the feedback. When you received the download email there should have been extraction software recommendations in the instructions.

We recommend "WinRAR" if the customer is using Windows and "The Unarchiver" if the customer is using macOS.

Thanks for your business!

·
Vendor
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
61 - 73 of 73 Posts