BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Vendor
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017-2 NEXT and 2017-1 PREMIUM Map Updates are here!

The newest iteration of BMW maps have been released and are available through Bimmer America LLC.

Use Promo Code: "bimmerfest" for 10% off your purchase

Download link, instructions, and FSC code will be sent within 30 minutes (often within 10 minutes) of placing your order during normal business hours.

Shipped USB, instructions, and FSC code will be mailed out the same day you place your order, via USPS Priority Mail (2-3 day)

$64.99 ($58.49 after discount) - Download + Instructions + FSC Release Code
$74.99 ($67.49 after discount) - Shipped USB + Instructions + FSC Release Code
$99 ($89.10 after discount) - 1-Year Download and FSC Release Code Subscription
$119 ($107.10 after discount) - 1-Year Shipped USB and FSC Release Code Subscription

With the 10% off promo code, the 1-year download subscription comes to $89.10. That's only $44.55 per update if BMW releases two this year, or $29.70 per update if they release three!

Let us know if you have any questions and check out our site!

http://www.bimmeramerica.com/coding/bmw-navigation-map-update

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,361 Posts
How big is the download?

·
Vendor
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20gb for NEXT and 18gb for Premium

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Apologies for my ignorance - what is the difference between NEXT and PREMIUM maps?

·
Vendor
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are just different navigation systems. Some cars have next and others have premium. Next tends to be on newer cars and premium the older ones. If you go to your navigation screen and hit the option button on the idrive controller and scroll to the bottom, it will tell you your navigation version.

You don't need to let us know which version you have though. We can tell after we receive your VIN in the order.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,361 Posts
With the 10% off promo code, the 1-year download subscription comes to $89.10. That's only $44.55 per update

if BMW releases two this year,

or $29.70 per update i

f they release three!
I see here and on the website you say 2-3 releases a year.

Really?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I see here and on the website you say 2-3 releases a year.

Really?
Yes, maps change regularly so BMW releases a couple updates a year. There is a 2017-1 available, and later there will be a 2017-2, and maybe a 2017-3.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Is there any reason for the 2017 version to be slower than 2016 version? The zoom in, zoom out feature takes significantly more time to adjust with the newer version. CCC MY2011

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,361 Posts
Yes, maps change regularly so BMW releases a couple updates a year. There is a 2017-1 available, and later there will be a 2017-2, and maybe a 2017-3.
1. Ive owned bmws for over 12 years. Been here a while.

2. There was no more than ONE update in each year for the last 10 years...for USA maps. Some years they missed.

3. You say there will be a 2017-2? Released when? In the next 52 days? and then maybe a third?

IMO their 'subscription' is a scam. Just MO, based on my perceptions of how data has been released before....

·
Registered
126 Posts
1. Ive owned bmws for over 12 years. Been here a while.

2. There was no more than ONE update in each year for the last 10 years...for USA maps. Some years they missed.

3. You say there will be a 2017-2? Released when? In the next 52 days? and then maybe a third?

IMO their 'subscription' is a scam. Just MO, based on my perceptions of how data has been released before....
After I posted that I realized who was asking and figured it was sarcasm. :rofl:

Although there is a 2016-2 update (even though it's Europe). And it's still only 2016 and they're doing 2017 updates right now. :dunno:

https://bmwnavipro.com/shop/europe/bmw-road-map-europe-premium-2016-2/

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,361 Posts
After I posted that I realized who was asking and figured it was sarcasm. :rofl:

Although there is a 2016-2 update (even though it's Europe). And it's still only 2016 and they're doing 2017 updates right now. :dunno:
Yeah, I am actually looking for this vendor to come out and defend this nonsense....

:angel:

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
What nonsense? There indeed was 2016-1 and 2016-2, for example...

I too noticed slower response after upgrade to 2017-1. My theory: same processor can't deal with larger volume of data.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Dang, want to downgrade :) Is it possible without buying a new code?

·
Registered
251 Posts
they really do about 2 map updates in a year. I have been updating mine everytime. Just not this yr since I still have 2016-1.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 100K miles NOKIAN WR G3 20K miles
18,344 Posts
they really do about 2 map updates in a year. I have been updating mine everytime. Just not this yr since I still have 2016-1.
Once updated, how do YOU lose it to not have 2016-1?

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,361 Posts
Love to see version numbers and release dates for North American maps from 2012 to 2017....

Would be interested to hear if these 'subscriptions' run with a calendar, or with the version numbers.

Briefly I was looking at old release dates, trying to see where 2015, 2016 got released- and when 2017 will release. Does 'one calendar year' always capture two releases, for example.

Kanar- I have never downgraded, but would try to insert the old map USB into the car and see if it loads..... Once an FSC is entered it is stored forever. Might just allow you to reload the old map.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought the 2017-1
Came on 4 USB sticks
Followed instructions
Updated maps successfully
Took 45 minutes.

Easy Peasy.

We'll see how it does on long trips next week.

2013 X5

-C2

·
Vendor
616 Posts
1 - 20 of 44 Posts