BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Appreciate any advice here with this. I'm ordering a 2017 X1 S Drive and been offered the following for a 36/10k. Please see the attached deal sheet.

$0 down, $472 inc taxes (FL 6%) 7 x MSD $3,500

This includes all taxes/fees etc. I think they are using an inflated MF to claw back some of the discount/incentives. Thoughts?

Thanks,

Tim

Attachments

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
This lease sheet only shows the MSRP and the sales price. Invoice is around 37500 by my napkin math, but you should calculate it. If invoice is 37.5, the sales price is roughly 1k under invoice. There is a 2k option credit, so if you were paying $500 over invoice, you should be at 1.5k under invoice (because of that option credit). Then you have a 500 loyalty credit, so your sales price target would be 2k under invoice including both the option credit and your loyalty credit.

If it was me leasing this car, I would ask for 2.4k under invoice including my loyalty credit (because of florida's rediculous 699 doc fee, which I would not want to fully absorb either). Please note, just because this is what I would ask for, does not mean I would get it.

So, thats the sales price of the car. You dont have any other information there for us to evaluate (because dealers dont provide that stuff sometimes unless you ask, because they are negotiating just like you are).

You have the MSRP and Selling price, you need to ask them:

1. What money factor is used in this quote, you need the actual number, both before AND after your MSDs
2. What fees are being charged / quoted including registration, acquisition (which is not negotiable and is 925) and any other fees.
3. Any cap cost reduction (down payment)
4. total cash due on signing
5. Monthly payment.

We (and more importantly YOU) need these numbers to evaluate this deal any further than I just did (which is the sales price definitely could be lower in my opinion). Have you considered ordering a car from bimmerfest sponsor adrian avila at gwinnett BMW in atlanta? I think some people from florida do that. I also know that greg poland (pacific bmw) will sell into florida and ship cars, and many times its cheaper for him to order the car and ship it to you than it would be for you to purchase locally.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

To answer the questions:

1) MF 0.00150 before the MSD's 0.00101 after - so I know they are marking this up
2) 699 doc (no movement), 925 aqc, 250 in fees/tags etc.
3) No cap reduction
4) $0, just the $3,500 MSD sec deposit
5) $472 in taxes (6%) as mentioned in the email.

Thanks very much for your help.

happy to consider ordering from someone else, just want to know if I'm in the ballpark here.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Ok, so as you know your money factor is marked up a bit (not all the way to maximum markup). They will not move on the doc fee but you can sometimes ask for the price of the car itself to be lowered to split it with them if that makes sense. So, you are rolling EVERYTHING into the deal (and then paying finance charges on the fees etc). Not my choice but as long as you know you are doing it, its a choice you are making.

I would try to get the sales price of the car lower if I were the one buying it. See my notes in my first post in your thread.

To summarize it, I would ask for a sales price of 35,500 before the 500 loyalty credit (so 1k lower than they offered you). I am not sure if they will go for it but you could try. What I would accept would be a sales price of 35,991 BEFORE the loyalty credit (so 500 less than what they are charging you).

I would also tell them I am considering ordering out of state to avoid the massive florida 699 doc fee, so, I do not want to pay any markup on the money factor (doc fees are not official fees, they are dealership fees. if you purchased this car from a california dealer the doc fee is regulated here and is $80. That difference alone would help you pay for shipping the car there, especially if the dealer is more aggressive on the car, which is why many recommend greg poland at pacific BMW who sells into florida and ships cars there. He mentioned before that he sells 3-4 cars a month into florida so he is familiar with the process)

Finally, I would consider on a personal level of paying the fees up front (in drive offs) because they cost you more over the long haul if you put them into the cap cost. These fees would be the ones you detailed (doc, tags, acq). As i mentioned I am not a fan of rolling those in.

good luck on it

·
Registered
135 Posts
Point to note - GA dealers also charge 699 doc fee so you will not likely save there. Have purchased from United BMW and that is a non mover. As JJ mentions, going through Adrian will definitely get you a good sales price and a transparent deal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts