BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to check out a '17 , x5, Xdrive 35i, CPO, 35000 miles, former lease vehicle. Asking price is $43,890

Thoughts, high, low or about right ?

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,550 Posts
That***8217;s quite the same relatively as mine at $46K. I am very pleased!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Seems like a fair price ... but dig deep into the options and see what it has. There is a big variety of vehicles out there and can change what the car is worth. It took me ages to find a car that didn't have wood trim. I just have a phoebe of wood inside cars ;-)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seems like a fair price ...
Well I came away very pleased with the vehicle, made the purchase, will pick it up later today or tomorrow. Ended up getting it for 42k, CPO'd thru 4/22. It had just come in off of a 3 year lease 2 weeks ago. Complete service performed including new brakes and fluid flush, oil change, new air cabin filters and new 'sneakers' (Michelins)

While I know it's a small deal two things that sealed the deal for me were the heads up display and the rear hatch / tailgate set up. It's got the M Sport package and while I know it's basically cosmetic I wish it had the blue calipers to match ! ... LOL, perhaps I had find the right color high temp paint and do it myself ?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. I went in to my dealer and walked out with a 2012 diesel. Loved it so much and so did the other half that we went back a few days later and picked up a 2017 winding up at $42,300. 22,000 miles, about the same amenities as you mention. Yeah the blue brakes would be nice! So now we have 2 X5’s in the family. This is the 8th BMW we have owned. I have to say I really like the look of the shorter front and rear end on the 2012 and the exterior looks sportier without the M sport package than the 2917 does with it. I’ll also add that diesel is amazing as far as get up and go. Really impressed with both vehicles. That’s a lot coming from a 550.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also recently bought a CPO 2017 Xdrive 35i. This is my first BMW. I've been pleased so far. Just this last weekend I took it for a 900 mile road trip and it did great.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I also recently bought a CPO 2017 Xdrive 35i. This is my first BMW. I've been pleased so far. Just this last weekend I took it for a 900 mile road trip and it did great.
my first as well and like you so far so good. I feel with two years of bumper-to-bumper left so long as I have no 'real' issues I'll drive it for another year or two after that and stay with the CPO way of doing things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
my first as well and like you so far so good. I feel with two years of bumper-to-bumper left so long as I have no 'real' issues I'll drive it for another year or two after that and stay with the CPO way of doing things.
yes. I also rolled in a maintenance plan with mine to cover oil changes for 2 years. It was a 15$/month add on.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes. I also rolled in a maintenance plan with mine to cover oil changes for 2 years. It was a 15$/month add on.
Since my oil and filter was just done and the fact that my dealer charges $99 for an oil change (incl car wash) I'll either do it myself (easy) or pay as I go ........

·
Registered
401 Posts
back in 2015 if I recall 43K-44K+tax could buy a very- highly-optioned low mile (like 20k mi and not a 40k mi) CPO unit. Units with more desirable features (sport package for example) and certain colors like black and white were flying off the lots. Are you guys seeing similar dynamics this time around?

·
Registered
2017 X5 xDrive50i Atlas Cedar, Cashmere interior
10 Posts
going to check out a '17 , x5, Xdrive 35i, CPO, 35000 miles, former lease vehicle. Asking price is $43,890

Thoughts, high, low or about right ?
I got a CPO '17 X550i with 41K on it for $36k so I wouldn't consider that a good deal. I know, I got it for $6k under book but it still has time / miles on the original warranty but the CPO gives me another year!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got a CPO '17 X550i with 41K on it for $36k so I wouldn't consider that a good deal. I know, I got it for $6k under book but it still has time / miles on the original warranty but the CPO gives me another year!
I ended up getting it for 42k, one small mark on the hood, that's it. Interior like new(no wear on driver side bolsters !) With CPO, 2 years of warranty, brand new Michelins on all four corners, four wheel alignment, all new brakes(pads and rotors) all fluids(except antifreeze) change. Nicely option ride incl M Sport package, plus all service record since new(they were the leasing dealer), I'm pleased.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts