BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my custom ordered 2018 340i GT last week after waiting for nearly three months and it has 10 miles on it. I've put another 50 miles since, mostly city driving, and the Onboard trip indicator is showing that my average mileage is somewhere between 14-15 MPG. This is way worse than the 20-29 the sticker says it should have. Does anyone have similar experience or do I need to drive a couple hundred more miles before I can have a meaningful MPG reading? I had a 2010 E60 for eight years and that car with less hp does about 21mpg.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Way too few of miles to come up with a true average. Fill the tank and run to ¼ then do the math.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Just picked up my custom ordered 2018 340i GT last week after waiting for nearly three months and it has 10 miles on it. I've put another 50 miles since, mostly city driving, and the Onboard trip indicator is showing that my average mileage is somewhere between 14-15 MPG. This is way worse than the 20-29 the sticker says it should have. Does anyone have similar experience or do I need to drive a couple hundred more miles before I can have a meaningful MPG reading? I had a 2010 E60 for eight years and that car with less hp does about 21mpg.
Things getting better once you have miles on it, say 5K. Your engine is too green.

·
You Don't Need to Know
3,099 Posts
Way too few of miles to come up with a true average. Fill the tank and run to ¼ then do the math.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's not too few miles on the car to get an avg mpg--I reset my trip computer after every fill up.

But it's all about how/where OP was driving during those 50 miles. If OP drove exclusively on the highway during those 50 miles, I'd be concerned; but if it was mostly stop-and-go traffic, not so much.

·
Registered
198 Posts
In mixed city / highway in usually running in the low to mid 20 mpg range. Your B58 is supposed to get better mileage than my N55. The couple of times that I checked the trip computer is was fairly accurate. Normally I don’t pay much attention to the gas mileage.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

1 - 6 of 6 Posts