BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All

:dunno: Not sure if you guys bumped into something similar. I took car for annual checkup/oil change etc. They also did software upgrade and I noticed last night that digital range is missing. I have attached screen shot how it looked previously. Now there is nothing. DARN. :angel:

Anythoughts?

Thanks
Olds

Attachments

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Hmm. I don't see what you're talking about.

·
Registered
13,003 Posts
Are you saying that the range listed in your pic below...no longer appears in the instrument cluster? Do you have to activate this display using your version of iDrive? Or do you have something like the BC button on the tip of the turn indicator that scrolls through options that can appear in this location?

(BTW, not being familiar with the models that end with an "e"...I'm not sure how to respond...in fact, your instrument cluster kinda scares me in that I don't understand some of what is being displayed) :wow: The one gauge looks like it says 131 miles if using gas...and the one below is 9 miles range if using the battery only?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To your point. Yes this is how it use to work. Unfortunately it does not anymore.
Do you have something like the BC button on the tip of the turn indicator that scrolls through options that can appear in this location?

I will try through iDrive menu to see if it starts working.

Are you saying that the range listed in your pic below...no longer appears in the instrument cluster? Do you have to activate this display using your version of iDrive? Or do you have something like the BC button on the tip of the turn indicator that scrolls through options that can appear in this location?

(BTW, not being familiar with the models that end with an "e"...I'm not sure how to respond...in fact, your instrument cluster kinda scares me in that I don't understand some of what is being displayed) :wow: The one gauge looks like it says 131 miles if using gas...and the one below is 9 miles range if using the battery only?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I had the latest software installed when I took the car back in April for the first year service and it didn't affect the car. I still have the digital range working.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I had my first service yesterday at 10 months (that's another story). I had seen post prior to that happening, so I was curious what would happen. Well, that capacity display was gone in my case as well. Today I went into Idrive, displays and found that the battery capacity display had been unchecked during the update. Checked it and am getting that display once again. So, it wasn't removed, but was unenabled for whatever reason.
My software update was ***8220;SIB12 27 18***8221;, recall 0012800400 B122718.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts