BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2018 BMW M2 LCI

Our spy photographers have captured the 2018 BMW M2 LCI out testing for the first time. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was test driving the M2 before it came out. Now we're talking about the LCI, life cycle update that BMW does half way though the vehicle planned life. As you can see from the camo wrap job there will be updates to the front and rear bumpers and something around the side. Typically BMW doesn't touch the side profile but the camo suggests otherwise.

MotorTrend: BMW M2 vs M4

2018 BMW M2 LCI

With M2 waiting lists still many people deep at dealerships don't expect many changes on the exterior. On the inside there will be another round of refreshed technology and perhaps we'll see the sun roof in the US but I don't expect much else.

What would you like to see from the M2 LCI?

2018 BMW M2 LCI

·
Registered
10,944 Posts
1. I wish they'd clean up that rear bumper insert, making it body colored instead of black vinyl requiring Armor-All-ing. I think the best M-car rear bumper insert ever is that on the F10 M5.

2. Rear spoiler delete option. The less clutter the better.

3. Sunroof.

4. Surround View, great for hugging the curbs in end-parking spaces (minimizing the chance of a door ding or bumper doink) and not scraping the wheels on the curb. I can do it without cameras, but Frau Putzer... not so much.

5. Factory spare tire. There's an alloy rimmed donut for the F10 M5 in some markets, also sold by Bimmerzone.

http://www.bimmerzone.com/BMW_Performance_Spare_Tire/BIM-SST-F10M5-KIT.html

6. Interior options, more colors, Nappa, cloth/leather.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Need help was driving my e39 I started making a grinding noise on the left side on the car metal on metal when I make right turns or low speed i then hit a pothole in the street same left side of vehicle it started making a louder grnding sound to the point I had to glide down the street till I can park it's real loud and smell like the inside my tire was rubbing something it's drop in the front a little just want some insight before I go to the shop

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Nothing different but the tail lights so far and the Donington Gray color.

·
Eye of the Wolf
2,775 Posts

I am getting tired chasing my tail....

Time to stop and smell the flowers.....

I hope to savor my coming M2 for a long time....

·
2016 Alpine White M2
378 Posts
Nothing different but the tail lights so far and the Donington Gray color.
The tail lights in these pics look the same as the current M2,they are not LED.The color also doesn't look like Donington Grey,probably just MG.If these pics were the 2018 M2 LCI,they would also show the new LED headlights,these pics are showing the Xenons.

These M2 pics do not look like they are of the 2018 LCI.Probably just old M2 test mule pics.

·
Registered
10,944 Posts
I own a 2016 M235i Convertible. Up next, an M2 Convertible?
If we can't get a sunroof or anything other than black Dakota leather, don't expect a convertible. They want you to upgrade to an M4 to get a fast suntan.

M2's are fast appliances, sort of like a Hemi Roadrunner in its day.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I own a 2016 M235i Convertible. Up next, an M2 Convertible?
We haven't spied any test mules and there has been no noise about an M2 Convertible. The rumor I've heard is that their won't be and I have seen no evidence to the contrary.

Tim

·
Registered
625 Posts
sunroof

Tim

I hope your right about the sunroof that it is an option, I get right on first allocation every year because I have dealt with same dealership over 21 year hoping they will add a sunroof as an option (403)

Do you have any solid evidence they will make a sunroof in 2018 an options, Canada started making it an option in 2017. USA is only country in the world where a sunroof is not an option, some of us just want to drive it, not take to a drag strip or other race track.

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I really don't think they're going to. I was told by the BMW product manager for the M2 that he wasn't interested in offering it for the US. With M2 sales doing well I don't see the need for them to add it as an option.

Tim

·
Registered
625 Posts
I really don't think they're going to. I was told by the BMW product manager for the M2 that he wasn't interested in offering it for the US. With M2 sales doing well I don't see the need for them to add it as an option.

Tim
Thanks Tim, Sorry I noticed later wasnt your post, I have wrote to everyone at BMWNA BMWAG, they want to keep it a purist car but if it it is just a option everyone could get what they want, Im not talking about making a standard option, just a check box on the build sheet for say $1500. USA is only country not offering sunroof as an option and I personally do not think that is fair, not everyone buys a M2 just to track, I like the sunlight coming in the car.

Thanks for replying, I just wonder why they are so against offering a sunroof, all are made at the same plant, it could be done although I was told cant be done, would cost millions of dollars

See ya Tim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts