Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Read Only
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I would appreciate it very much if someone can tell me the dimensions of the Weathertech all-weather mats (Part Number: W325-W326) designed for the 2018 BMW X5 (F15); especially the variable dimensions of the driver's mat. I would like to use these mats in a 2019 X5 (G05). Weathertech will not provide me with dimensions.

I purchased the Weathertech 'Floor Liners' for the 2019 X5 (Part Number: 441507-1-2) and returned them after a week. These mats are made of a rigid, thin, and slippery high density, triple extruded (HDTE) plastic. Even when wearing dry one year old Merrel shoes with a Vibram soles my foot slipped when entering the vehicle and when breaking hard*. I consider these mats dangerous and will not use or recommend them. I have never had a problem with the all-weather mats in my 2001 300i.

In contrast to the HDTE mats, the 'All-weather' mats made for the 2018 X5 (Part Number: W325-W326), un-available for the 2019 X5, are made of a pliable, tougher, and more gripable thermo-plastic elastomer (TPE).

Hence, even if the dimensions and the floor clip placement of the 2018 'Floor Liner' are not exact, I want to put these mats in a 2019 X5. I will modify them to ensure clip placement is correct or use Eagleclaw holders..

Thank you for your help.

*[Note: I don't use the left-most foot pad because I am a two-footed driver. I brake with my left foot and I am not a safe driver when breaking with my right foot].

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
16,925 Posts
Braking goofy-foot makes sense in a three pedal FWD, but not with a throttle switch in the brake pedal assembly as a BMW and / or automatic transmission requires.

SCCA SS-C Champion Don Knowles taught goofy-foot braking and throttle to control the Kamm Circle of Forces that BMW acknowledges in its technical literature.

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
The BMW all weather mats (rubber) for the G05 X5 aren't available? Click the link below to get the 11 digit BMW part nbrs for the all weather mats...then call your local BMW dealership's Parts Dept. and give them those numbers to see if any are available. If yes, then they can order them for you if they don't have any in stock.

The BMW floor "liners" (more plastic like & go up the side of the tranny tunnel a bit further) for the G05 X5...you can do the same, click the link to get the 11 digit BMW part nbr and inquire at your local dealership's parts department or search online using the BMW 11 digit part nbr.:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased the Weathertech All Weather Mats for the recently purchased 2017 X5 35iDrive. The mats did not fit very well. I actually purchased the BMW All Weather Mats from the local BMW dealer. The mats from the BMW dealer fit perfectly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts