Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2018 M4 which i ordered with the M performance package
this includes M performance exhaust which i really love and my default setting is in sports plus where its nice and loud :)
unfortunately my neighbor has complained about the sound for the 5 seconds it takes me to leave my garage and has referenced to some new CA law about the exhaust sound level

from reading about the CA DMV law 95 decibels / db is allowed

has anyone ever got a citation for exhaust sound ?
any thoughts?

·
Registered
789 Posts
As long it's original version you be fine.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
OP, your neighbor cannot do anything about the guy down the street who drives his '70 Charger Hemi on leaded gasoline killing children and puppies with exhaust gases as he passes through the neighborhood, can he? If your car was kosher when bought and not modified since, he can pound sand or move.

Of course, it would help if you took him out to Starbucks and pointed that out way more nicely than I did. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@1zamboni thanks

@Mark K : I wish that a coffee would fix our neighbors expectations
they find issues with everything that we decide to do including our choices of plants/trees in the yard, lighting and even our choice to have our gardener come on a day when we are free
we are not violating any city laws but they keep on giving not-so-subtle hints about their displeasure

·
Registered
41 Posts
@1zamboni thanks

@Mark K : I wish that a coffee would fix our neighbors expectations
they find issues with everything that we decide to do including our choices of plants/trees in the yard, lighting and even our choice to have our gardener come on a day when we are free
we are not violating any city laws but they keep on giving not-so-subtle hints about their displeasure
That's ****ty having neighbours like that, reminds me of my dads strata. That exhaust is from factory (I have the same) and although louder they wouldn't put it on at the dealer if it violated any California laws, at least without your written consent. It seems like your neighbour will find something to complain about anyway, so enjoy your car and the beautiful scenery in SF, i love it there :)
p.s. just don't let it turn into an episode of Fear Thy Neighbour lol

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,127 Posts
If it was sold by a BMW dealer in CA, it meets CA noise limits

1 - 6 of 6 Posts