Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else finding CarPlay to be almost unusable? If it connects, it lags and the audio stutters, skips, and if you drive long enough the entire CarPlay system will crash.

Currently using an iPhone 7+, it connects to my other Bluetooth devices just fine.

Also, hello! New to the forum, pumped to be here. :D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Is anyone else finding CarPlay to be almost unusable? If it connects, it lags and the audio stutters, skips, and if you drive long enough the entire CarPlay system will crash.

Currently using an iPhone 7+, it connects to my other Bluetooth devices just fine.

Also, hello! New to the forum, pumped to be here. :D
I haven't experienced those problems with my 2018 X2. I have an iphone 7. What software is installed on your headunit?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apologies if multiple replies show up, but I've tried twice and they did not post.

The head unit has the following software versions installed.
Telephone: TT-001.058.004
Media: TT-001.058.004

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a 2018 MINI Countryman. I gave up on CarPlay, too. Between nannying/limiting track listings [for safety!?], and the crashing/disconnecting you mentioned (especially by the TuneIn app!), it was more trouble than it's worth. Add to that the mere trickle-charging of the Qi charger, and you could say that maybe neither was worth waiting for! I hope we can upgrade to a fast-charger one day.

Life is much better sticking with iDrive, but I wish we had internet streaming apps beyond iHeartRadio and TuneIn (which also doesn't automatically start-up on the iDrive side of things). Why can't we also have MyTuner or SimpleRadio for example? Frustrating! BMW needs to open up to more officially supported apps.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest mobile app

1 - 5 of 5 Posts