Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 X1 - Is there REALLY a STOP SALE for X1?? Can ANYONE advise accordingly???

I heard from a Southern California dealer the following:

New X1 is currently on a Stop sale the Service Bulletin that was given to us will show as the following.

A Delivery Stop has been issued (effective January 18, 2019) on certain Model Year 2018 - 2019 BMW X1 SAV vehicles produced from October 8, 2018 – January 17, 2019. The issue involves the rear lamp assembly’s mounting bracket.

Approximately 9,156 vehicles are affected by this delivery stop.

So unfortunately the New X1 we discussed in previous conversations will not be able to be sold until further notice.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This is my understanding. I was told that BMW is offering a $3,500 factory rebate on 2018’s and that they hold on selling them.

My wife and I just purchased a 2018 low mileage ‘loaner’ for nearly 20% off original sticker. Apparently they were allowed to sell and title it as a ‘new’ car sale and also add an extra 12 months CPO warranty above and beyond the factory warranty. I’m not sure why that one was okay to sell and a non-loaner, new 2018 is not. Either way we were very happy with the savings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems that only certain VIN #s are affected by the Stop Sale.

I have learned that 2018 low mileage "loaners" that individual dealers already own are not affected by the Stop Sale. So you got a good deal! I'm considering a deal like that too in southern California. I was told the mileage must be under 5,000 in order to still be eligible for incentives. In what state/city did you purchase?

·
Registered
3 Posts
We ordered an X1 2019 three weeks ago and it arrived at dealers last week . They called and said there was a stop sale until they receive a taillight bracket . Crazy that something like that would hold up delivery . We ordered from a NJ dealer

·
Registered
9 Posts
It seems that only certain VIN #s are affected by the Stop Sale.

I have learned that 2018 low mileage "loaners" that individual dealers already own are not affected by the Stop Sale. So you got a good deal! I'm considering a deal like that too in southern California. I was told the mileage must be under 5,000 in order to still be eligible for incentives. In what state/city did you purchase?
I purchased in Ocala, Florida...but I learned what type of deal I could get working with internet sales in Orlando (Winter Park). On the CarGurus website you can see 2018's loaners priced 15 to 23% below sticker in Winter Park (Orlando) and Jacksonville.

I wanted to buy local and my dealer had an extremely loaded X1 (everything but M package and AWD which we didn't really need AWD in Florida). So I showed him the Jacksonville and Orlando discounts and he lowered his to approximately 18.5% of MSRP. I know he factored in a $3,500 factory rebate for the 2018's to help achieve that discount. We got a very fair (KBB) trade value for our car. I know you lose money on trades but it lowered the tax I would have paid on the new car by about $1,650. That made it less painful.

We got a 2.5% interest rate, the full factory warranty, plus they added 12 months Certified Pre-Owned warranty on top of that. I am sure others have done better but we were really pleased with all of it.

MSRP was $46,665. Our purchase price $38,025. Packages - Driver Assistance, Luxury Pacakge, Premium Package, Technology Package, Driver Assistance Plus, Cold Weather Package.

Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
47 Posts
2018 X1 - Is there REALLY a STOP SALE for X1?? Can ANYONE advise accordingly???

I heard from a Southern California dealer the following:

New X1 is currently on a Stop sale the Service Bulletin that was given to us will show as the following.

A Delivery Stop has been issued (effective January 18, 2019) on certain Model Year 2018 - 2019 BMW X1 SAV vehicles produced from October 8, 2018 ***8211; January 17, 2019. The issue involves the rear lamp assembly's mounting bracket.

Approximately 9,156 vehicles are affected by this delivery stop.

So unfortunately the New X1 we discussed in previous conversations will not be able to be sold until further notice.
Hi
I am told by several people (I.e they have new cars sitting in docks with ever moving delivery dates or dealers confirming they cannot accept new orders) that there is a Stop on deliveries and all new orders for X1 & X2, this certainly affects U.K. and USA. The reason would appear to be a problem with rear LED cluster/mounting (suspected design flaw). This may we'll end up as a major recall. Interesting that bulletin only refers to X1 with limited production period.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts