BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, new owner of a used X5 with M package. Picked her up a few days ago with 25k miles, black on black it has almost a year left of regular warranty along with 12 months of CPO after. Question is they tried to sell me the extended warranty for another 3k and I declined it, anyone have insight on BMW’s extended warranty? Wise purchase? Or are these vehicles reliable?
Thanks all

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same boat. Picking up our CPO X5 M PKG in 2 days and even though it's under warranty till 23, I've decided to pull the trigger on the 5 yr/48K additional at $2,5K. In the grand scheme of buying this vehicle it's a small price to pay for peace of mind, plus it's for the wife. And I really like my piece of mind. I am however in a conundrum about the staggered 21' tires as they are summer Dunlops and its now winter in NY and the option of putting the recommended size winter staggered equivalents will set me another $3K. So do I fork over that cash to preserve that badass 599 M look that we fell in love with or go with a smaller square 19 inch set up...but then will the latter look weird or will it affect the suspension/brakes/handling...peace of mind...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Same boat. Picking up our CPO X5 M PKG in 2 days and even though it's under warranty till 23, I've decided to pull the trigger on the 5 yr/48K additional at $2,5K. In the grand scheme of buying this vehicle it's a small price to pay for peace of mind, plus it's for the wife. And I really like my piece of mind. I am however in a conundrum about the staggered 21' tires as they are summer Dunlops and its now winter in NY and the option of putting the recommended size winter staggered equivalents will set me another $3K. So do I fork over that cash to preserve that badass 599 M look that we fell in love with or go with a smaller square 19 inch set up...but then will the latter look weird or will it affect the suspension/brakes/handling...peace of mind...
Get a square set, better for winter setup. Summer tires are worthless in the winter, even dry when its below 50F or so. You'll only have them on for a few months and then get to go back to the 599's. You can find used sets typically at the end of winter or other options much cheaper than the $3K from the dealer. At least I have done that with the 3 past BMWs of mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts